Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #1

Eagle 330RSTS - Residential Refridge and TV have no power

Hello,

We have a 2018 Eagle 330RSTS and our TV and Residential refrigerator are no longer getting power. All was working until I used an electric kettle to boil some water. For that, I used the plug in the same slide out wall as TV and refrigerator. I can’t say 100% that it caused the issue because I didn’t notice the power issue until later. I checked all breakers and fuses and they look good. I also checked the one GFI plug (that I know of) in bathroom and it is fine. I also checked that the Xantrex Freedom X 1200 inverter did not have any obvious loose wires (per guidance on other chats) and all is well there. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the issue? Any other areas to check for a reset or breaker that is not in the main controller panel? Any easy way to test inverter?

UPDATE - I plugged both the TV and Refrigerator into plugs that have power and they both work fine. They just don’t work in their factory plugs that apparently are on the inverter circuit. Hopefully this might be a clue for someone smarter than me :-)

Thank you for any help you can send our way!
dmartfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #2

Is there any kind of reset switch on the inverter?
ctardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:59 AM   #3

The inverter has an on/off. You should see lights on the panel. The panel is located on the side of the bedroom dresser.... wait, hmm - you said the refrigerator works when you use another plug? oh, check the GFI plug in the AC socket on the side of the island.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:10 PM   #4

There is a 15 amp reset button on the AC side of the inverter but it was not tripped. I pushed it anyway just to be safe but still no luck. Thank you for your help!
Old 09-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #5

Thank you for your reply! I don’t see a GFI plug on the side of the island. I do have plug but there is no GFI reset button on it. There is also a plug on top of the island that retracts and it does have a sticker stating it is GFI, but I don’t see a way to do a reset with it. Both of these receptacles are working.

Update - I did determine that the GFI reset button in the bathroom does cover the island. So, the GFI outlets are all good but still no joy for TV and Refrig.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:55 AM   #6

Same issue, heater plugged into the outlet next to the stove, all slide out outlets are now dead. Nothing tripped or blown. The outlets have to be blown up inside or the fridge is a GFCI (I don’t know, haven’t pulled the fridge yet.). I’m sure you know though since you plugged the fridge into a new outlet and could see what the fridge outlet looked like.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 07:50 AM   #7

Pull the cover off the dead outlet and test the wires connected to it, this will tell you if the outlet is fried or not. If it is ,replace it. If it isn't you will need to chase the wires back. I would recheck those breaker fuses though, pull them out and look.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:05 AM   #8

I don’t understand how these outlets and our lights for that matter are not tied to a breaker. I dont understand where they get their power from.

FYI the 4 outlets you and I speak of are getting their power from an outside approved cable that comes up into the RV behind the fireplace. It ties into the white Romex and feeds them. There’s no power at that cable so where ever it heads back to is dead or off. No other GFCI outlets found in the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
26AAE320-2E3F-40FA-95CF-44AC6F0E9F96.jpg  
Old 11-20-2021, 08:11 AM   #9

Pull the TV out there is a GFI plug hiddin in back check that one
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewego View Post
Pull the TV out there is a GFI plug hiddin in back check that one
There is not. 1 for fireplace on its own circuit that works, 1 above it for the TV and one up in storage for another. None are ground fault. Those 2 feed the counter next to the oven and that one feeds the one under the oven for the fridge.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashdman11 View Post
Pull the cover off the dead outlet and test the wires connected to it, this will tell you if the outlet is fried or not. If it is ,replace it. If it isn't you will need to chase the wires back. I would recheck those breaker fuses though, pull them out and look.
It’s fine and these outlets don’t have fuses or breakers. Makes no sense.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:39 AM   #12

Our inverter has a display screen on the side of our dresser, but I've seen this panel on the wall in other units. Hold the power button down for a few moments will turn it on/off.

If the inverter is off the refrigerator will also be off. There are special sockets in the camper that have white stickers on them to indicate they are also powered by the inverter.

There is also one AC Outlet(GFCI) that has both a small green light and a 'Set/Reset' button in the middle. This controls power on/off to many other outlets. Try pressing the Set/Reset so the green light comes on.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
Our inverter has a display screen on the side of our dresser, but I've seen this panel on the wall in other units. Hold the power button down for a few moments will turn it on/off.

If the inverter is off the refrigerator will also be off. There are special sockets in the camper that have white stickers on them to indicate they are also powered by the inverter.

There is also one AC Outlet(GFCI) that has both a small green light and a 'Set/Reset' button in the middle. This controls power on/off to many other outlets. Try pressing the Set/Reset so the green light comes on.
Inverters on but no white labels on any outlets. These outlets are not powered by the GFCI so it must be the inverter.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #14

I think the inverter of fried. Lights work and I had power at an outlet but then when I plugged the fridge in and tv in nothing worked. The neutral on the Romex on the inverter are burned and the reset button doesn’t work. There’s nothing to push in and out. It’s dead but power going into the reset and back out are 120v.
Attached Thumbnails
5AA96D5F-7BA8-4861-AEDE-6DDEC2283AD1.jpg  
Old 11-20-2021, 08:18 PM   #15

Ok it’s fixed. The load/black wire on that green quick connect in the inverter was loose. Plugging in high amp items into outlets run off the inverter is a bad idea. Only used A/C power that runs off the 15 or 20 amp breakers. No clue why running a heater off the outlet connected into the inverter made the load wire become loose but it all happened same time.
Old 11-21-2021, 03:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Ok it’s fixed. The load/black wire on that green quick connect in the inverter was loose. Plugging in high amp items into outlets run off the inverter is a bad idea. Only used A/C power that runs off the 15 or 20 amp breakers. No clue why running a heater off the outlet connected into the inverter made the load wire become loose but it all happened same time.