Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #1

Eagle- Fresh water system operation

I've just purchased a 2008 Eagle 320RLDS. I plan to keep it semi-permanently at a campground. Last weekend, I set up the water (city) and the plumbing. Everything appears to be working correctly (all faucets, hot water, toilet). However, there are two water lines going to the toilet. One of the lines is clear, while the other still appears to have anti-freeze in it. Not sure what's happening there.

Also, with the city water shut off, I attempted to run water from the freshwater holding tank. The pump came on, but no water came out of the faucet. Also, more anti-freeze appeared in one of the pump lines which would lead me to believe the tank is still filled with anti-freeze. It would appear that there must be a cutoff valve, but I can't find it.

My water (both city and tank fill) come in thru the back of the camper, and meet at the pump motor which is in a end table thing between the two recliners. I've found the access panel, but again, no sign of a valve that would cut out the fresh water tank. There is one valve, but it appears to control the hose for pulling anti-freeze into the system.

Thanks!
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #2

Did you fill the fresh water tank(It will not fill from the city water fill) If the fresh water tank is empty the pump has nothing to draw from.
2015 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty 6.4 Hemi Reg Cab 3.73 Gear SRW
Member Long Island Castaways
Member Suffolk Committee For Camping
Grumpygp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!

There should not be antifreeze in the fresh water tank, it should have just been drained during winterization. I`m guessing the antifreeze you are seeing is what is left in the lines and pump. As Grumpy said make sure there is water in the tank, and the valve coming from the tank to the pump is OPEN (this valve is right by the pump on mine), and the valve going to antifreeze suction hose is OFF.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #4

On mine, where the pump is also under an end table between two chairs at the rear of the unit, there are two valves - one is easily visible with the anti-freeze tube, and the other is way around back of the pump, and not so easily visible, but it's there. There has to be one valve to change between the tank and the system, and the other to open the pick up tube for anti-freeze. If the tank valve is open to the system, water will be pumped from the tank. If tank valve is closed to system, and pick up tube valve is open, anti-freeze will be sucked through pump and into system, not into the tank. Hope this helps.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #5

That 2nd water line at the toilet runs into the outside shower on my 320RLDS. I'm not sure why you are seeing pink unless it's leaking, but you will need to run water out of that shower to drain the antifreeze.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #6

Thanks! That's a lot of great info. It sounds like the reason the water won't pump from the tank is because I haven't filled it. I was under the assumption that it would fill from the city water.

As for the antifreeze in the second toilet line, I didn't purge the outside shower, so that's probably the answer.

This is a very informative site. Thanks again.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #7

I don't use my fresh water tank often, but when I do, I drain it before hitting the road so I'm not adding hundreds of pounds to my rig.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote