Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #1

Eagle HT 262RBOK Info

Hi,

New here and looking to see if anyone has any info on this model. Currently have a Winnebago Minnie and looking to trade it. Had it for a year and a half and only ever had it in my possession for 8 months of that. Winnebago cannot even send the right parts for warranty work. Finally tired of it and want out of it.

Anyway, this looks like a nice model. My complaint is Jayco's website is "lacking" for information. I see it can get the Cause lounge but do you still get the dinette table and does the couch have a sleeper in it like most do. If so this meets our needs and flexibility perfectly as it's just my wife, daughter, and myself.

I like this model as it's not too long and the numbers should be fine for my F150 with 1640lbs payload. It's a 2017 with the max tow and 3.5 eco boost. I actually plan on going to a ProPride hitch as well.

Also looking for over feedback on the Eagle HT TT's in general. Is the insulation good that I will be fine in Florida in the summer with the one 15k unit? Is the 16" wheel and tire package worth it. I think so but want to hear from those that have it. Should I be going for the 50amp upgrade even if I don't care about the fireplace. What the rating of the hitch? I just want to use a Swagman RV bike rack and 2 bikes but want to make sure they will be fine. Are these a problematic unit or are they well built.

Any info, comments, suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:20 AM   #2

Welcome to JOF! I see that you is in Raleigh I grew up in Goldsboro I have a lot of family their in Raleigh.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Welcome to JOF! I see that you is in Raleigh I grew up in Goldsboro I have a lot of family their in Raleigh.
It’s a nice area. Moved here from Florida. I actually work in Wilson so not too far from Goldsboro. One thing I do miss is I feel that Florida has a lot more camping. There is camping here but just for a weekend a lot of it is far away. We do to the mountains and outer banks from tine to time so that is nice.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:07 AM   #4

Great, yea there are not too many camping site there but there a few, the wife and I are planning of flying back there sometimes in April for my mother 90th birthday, it been a while since I been back there.

I have an Army friend that live in Wilson, a long time ago.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #5

Just circling back after a few weeks to see if anyone had any feedback to provide. THanks
Old 03-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #6

I guess not maybe do a google search.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:42 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum. Can't help with the info. you are looking for. We are enjoying our current setup.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:22 PM   #8

Hi - did you end up getting the trailer, and specifically, how did the Chaise lounge work out for you? Is it comfortable to sit on for long periods of time? How was the bed/sleeping area? We are thinking of replacing our u-shaped dinette with a chaise lounge. Thank you!
CardsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:40 PM   #9

My current unit is my first with 50 amps. My previous 5 units only had 30 amps. I raised two girls. They always seemed to be running a hair dryer when I wanted a cup of coffee and to heat up something in the microwave. This doesn't even cover the hot water heater coming on when on electricity vs propane. I also like to use a small electrical heater in the winter vs the propane furnace. I haven't even mentioned the AC unit. Having the potential to add a second AC is nice, but as you can see is not the main benefit. You can manage with 30 amps as I did for 30 years. Note: With 50 amps you get two 50 amp power supplies were the 30 amp is a single power supply. Big difference. IMO the 50 amp upgrade should be the first and most important upgrade.
SLGoff is offline   Reply With Quote