Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #11

Don't count out the J-cube - when it folds flat on the floor, it makes into a queen size bed. My oldest daughter (11) sleeps on that.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #12

We bought ours in feb-march around show time to get the lower rate. My girls are 3-5-8. I recommend J-cubes. Then you have the two upper beds and can make the whole floor a bed for when they have friends or other adults with you.

We did not order ours, it was on the lot. It only has 1 a/c unit. I would guess if you order it you will pay more. If it is on the lot, they want to move it. It's hard to say what is the best time. If a salesman is selling a lot on the warm months he may not be looking for that big payday. In the winter months, they may try to hit you hard because they are not selling many. But, if he is hungry, you may get a better deal. My neighbor was my salesman so he showed me his work computer with all of THEIR prices. Big difference from our prices. It saves $ to have connections. He no longer works their so I'm glad I got it when I did.

Ours looks good still and we haven't even washed it in 1 1/2 years. But, we are in Michigan, we don't get that baking sun. I think we hit 90* 1 time all summer.

Merrellroofing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #13

Go to RVDirect website and build the TT the way you want it and then request a quote. Best way to get the best price.
I have the enclosed underbelly and have camped with 21" of snow on the ground and the TT kept up warm.
I camped in Disney in July 2010 for 11 days. The temps were very high, our single 15K AC kept the TT nice and cold.
My bunkhouse has a ceiling vent , there is also one in the bathroom with a fan and one in the front bedroom. Never felt stuffy inside. I do have Maxxair covers on them and leave them open all the time.
For hot weather camping we placed black construction paper over the window in the door and my wife sewed heavy curtains that we placed inside the window valances to keep the heat/light out.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #14

Joe, that sounds like excellent A/C performance. And good ideas on the curtains and stuff to keep out the sun.

Is there a downside to not purchasing the RV from a local dealer and going the RVDirect route? What about service after the sale?
Autometer Gauges (EGT, Trans & Water temp, Boost)
K&N Cold Air Intake;
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Curt Class IV Receiver Hitch
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller; ProPride 3P Hitch 1400#
dsmith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #15

I can tell you that I have been having great service at my local dealer after purchasing out of state. Any dealer or service center that treats you differently is not a good dealer to start with. You are there to get a service - case closed. If they think by treating you as a second class owner that you will purchase a new anything next time, they are wrong and are only hurting future business and current reputation. I hear this happens from time to time, but it is just not right.

Someone (maybe on this site) said they go to the local service center and hang out to see how others are treated, and also talk to owners. I think that is the best way of seeing how a dealer really is going to be. I suggest doing that if possible.

Moral of this post - you should have no issues with buying one place and getting service somewhere else, but you can never really tell.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith3 View Post
Joe, that sounds like excellent A/C performance. And good ideas on the curtains and stuff to keep out the sun.

Is there a downside to not purchasing the RV from a local dealer and going the RVDirect route? What about service after the sale?
I was fortunate to find an independant mobile RV repair facility.
Some people will tell you the loal RV center gives preference to the ones who bought from them, but what happens if you buy locally and the dealer closes up shop? or if you decide to move to another state? Then buying locally does not have any benefits.
In my case I was able to save over $4,000.00 from the "best" price I received from my local dealer.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #17

7.3 mods

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	15226Just courios if you have any mods on your 7.3? I have the same truck and put exhaust, intake, ts6 chip and gauges. WOW what a differance! Better MPG and HP.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polk View Post
Attachment 15226Just courios if you have any mods on your 7.3? I have the same truck and put exhaust, intake, ts6 chip and gauges. WOW what a differance! Better MPG and HP.
I do not have any mods on my 7.3 PSD (but it has been on my list of things to research before we get our trailer). Can you send me a private message with your email? I would be very interested in the details. Thanks! -Dave
Autometer Gauges (EGT, Trans & Water temp, Boost)
K&N Cold Air Intake;
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Curt Class IV Receiver Hitch
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller; ProPride 3P Hitch 1400#
dsmith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #19

I assume your shopping at Crestview. In your price range you should be able to get at least 35 percent off window MSRP. I received almost 40 percent off on mine. You can camp all year in Texas. No reason to wait. Inks lake always great in off months. Lake Georgetown nice as well. Thanksgiving at Big Bend or Port A great. I would recommend Eagle over Jayflight. If your financing it's only a few extra dollars a month and you get it back on resale. Fiberglass much easier to keep clean. Curved roofs much less problems than flat.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #20

I just purchased a 2015 Eagle 284BHBE. I went online to RV Direct and built a trailer that would fit our needs. When I received the quote via email, I went to a Jayco dealer and we talked. Bottom line is the dealer matched the RV Direct price right to the penny.

If you can afford the extra $ and weight of an Eagle, I'd go with a Eagle.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote