Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2019, 11:25 PM   #1

Electrical Problem

I have a 2007 Jayco Jay Feather and I am having electrical problems, I have current going inside to my panel when I hooked up to my camp site but nothing will turn on inside my traveler. I do not have lights or AC or my slider will not go out.
I need big time help with this problem.

Thanks
gunderhill58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:21 AM   #2

Here are common things to check:
Your A/C runs off 120 volt power, are the circuit breakers in the on position. If you're not sure, cycle them off then back on.
Check the fuses for the 12 volt and the main fuse at the battery.
Did you connect your battery backwards?
Do you have 12 volts at your battery?
Old 06-28-2019, 06:51 AM   #3

Welcome aboard.

All TTs are very similar. What model Jay Feather do you have? You may get more specific answers. How long have you had this TT? Are you connected to shore power or just using the battery?

You have two separate power systems in your TT. You have your traditional residential 120 volt , in which you need your shore power cord plugged in to make that system work. When plugged in on 120 Volts, all your basic outlets, microwave, AC, and to charge your battery will work. The other system is you 12 volt DC system, just like a car. It uses your deep cycle battery to power your devices, such as lights, bathroom exhaust fan, furnace, refrigerator (controls), radio, gas/carbon monoxide detector, and your slide out motor. Just sitting in the driveway, not connected to shore power, there are a number of 12 volt parasite power drains on your batter, such as the gas/carbon monoxide detector. While just sitting within about 2 weeks these parasites will drain a fully charged battery. So you need to stay plugged in or disconnect the battery, when in storage.

A 12 year old TT, may just have a worn out dead battery that needs to be replaced. If the TT has been sitting unused, untethered to the shore power, you may have drained the battery.

With a little more info, I bet we can find the root issue.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #4

With what you've said, it sounds like your battery is dead or missing and some or all of your breakers are flipped off.

Do you have a battery? If so, what is it's voltage?

How did you determine you have current at your panel?

You sent the message late last night. This sounds like something I would do late at night and then wake up in the morning, smack my forehead, call myself a "dummy", and figure out the issue. I'm hoping that you woke up this morning and smacked your forehead! If not, answer these questions and we'll help you troubleshoot the issue.
2016 GMC 2500HD CrewCab SLT 4x4 Duramax
smithmdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Could this be the curse of the "Bad 12 volt Ground Connection" that many people have encountered?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote