Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #21

Ditto the suggestions to have a container(s) of water (I typically have two one gallon containers) and once done dumping the tanks I pour the water into the black tank with a deodorizing packet. In six years of doing things this way I've never had any issues with the black water tank. My tank doesn't have sensors so I didn't have concerns about keeping sensors clean via a black tank flush which may be more of a concern if you have sensors in the tank.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #22

My name might be misleading as I’m not really a newbe anymore. But I can give perspective. At many state parks, you get water and electric and that’s it. Many offset this with great community bathrooms. Use the community bathroom as much as is comfortable. Beyond that use your own place.

On Sunday, expect a line at the dump station. Dump your black, then grey and get out. If you look for another dump station beyond the camp site, understand many in line will follow, so you will simply hit another line at the next dump site.

The line at state parks is mostly full of people that understand and don’t care. There will be first timers that might need your help dumping (fun). Once home, fill with water and bleach, then dump again. After that clean the tank if you have a cleaning system.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #23

I've never really understood the waiting in line on Sunday morning to flush the tanks?

I've never camped at a site that didn't have full hookups. Around here, full hookup is water, electric and SEWER. I do all my black tank flush/clean at my site. No waiting in lines.

I've seen many people camping right beside me pack up and go wait in line to dump. I just don't get it?
TednWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednWV View Post
I've never really understood the waiting in line on Sunday morning to flush the tanks?

I've never camped at a site that didn't have full hookups. Around here, full hookup is water, electric and SEWER. I do all my black tank flush/clean at my site. No waiting in lines.

I've seen many people camping right beside me pack up and go wait in line to dump. I just don't get it?

Not every campground offers full hook ups.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:57 AM   #25

Personally, If I am at a campground that has full hook ups, I thoroughly clean out my black tank right there at the campsite before I leave.
If at a state park or campsite with no sewer hookup, or boondocking and I am leaving, If there is a line at the dump station, I wait till I get home, hook up my macerator pump and empty into my sewer pipe at home.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:42 AM   #26

I dump black
THEN dump grey...this cleans the hose of poop
then I add more poop destroyer and couple gallons of water to black tank...which sloshes around on way home and cleans off the inside of the tank

there is a storage place by my house that will let trailers dump for $5
this is handy for when the trailers are lined up for a mile at the campground