Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #1

Entertainment center in TT

Mine has the Jenson entertainment center that plays DVD's/CD's etc. It has buttons "A, B, C". I'm not there now but have a couple of questions if any one can help me out. I believe that the A button is for the inside speakers, and the C button ran the outside speakers. What is the B button for? Also does the TV play through the speakers? It seems as though I don't remember it doing so. The TT came with a RCA LCD installed.
krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #2

In mine...
A is for inside rear speaker
B is inside front speaker
C is outside speakers

Not sure if TV will play though speakers, never tried. the DVD will play either TV speakers, Stereo Speakers or both.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
In mine...
A is for inside rear speaker
B is inside front speaker
C is outside speakers

Not sure if TV will play though speakers, never tried. the DVD will play either TV speakers, Stereo Speakers or both.
Ours is the same way
"A" is for inside left side speakers
"B" is for inside right side speakers
"C" is for outside speakers

Only mod we made was to add the Jensen Sub Woofer inside and connect it to the "C" Channel and a A/B Switch to the "C" Channel.
When inside the "C" Channel drives our Sub Woofer, when outside the "C" Channel drives our outside Speakers

We do not listen to the sound system inside and outside at the same time. LOL
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

On our trailer if you go to aux 1 on the stero the tv will play thru the inside speakers. Also on ours a is for inside speakers---- c is for outside speakers and ----- b in inop. On our old trailer b--- was for the bedroom speakers, but since the jayco don't have bedroom speakers. Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #5

On our's A - is the inside front speakers,
B- is the inside rear speakers and
C- is the outside speakers.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #6

I'm with Rob and Parc. "B" is not connected on my TT. I verified this when I replaced the Jensen (warranty). A larger TT might have a 3rd set of speakers that would use that output.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #7

I have a 2013 Jay Flight 32BHDS and mine goes:
"A" - two inside ceiling speakers
"B" - nothing
"C" - two outside speakers

I have come across something, though. Since the new style entertainment unit allows the tv to swivel into the bedroom, it would be nice to either have separate speakers inside the bedroom or be able to run the sound through the tv itself when watching a DVD. With the Jensen radio (mine is a model 965), there is no audio out...which means you (1) cannot run the sound through the tv speakers and (2) to have any sound at all, the main speakers must be turned on (not the greatest when you have 3 overtired kidos in the back bunk trying to sleep). A person has 3 options as I see it...replace the Jensen unit with a higher model that does have audio out, install a set of speakers inside the bedroom or buy an aftermarket dvd player and hook it up directly to the tv. If you have a dish, however, you can run the sound directly from the tv to the Jensen head unit...so that isn't a problem. I will probably just grab a inexpensive DVD player as I don't know where i would/could mount a couple speakers in the bedroom and keep it all factory looking.
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #8

aww man, don't tell me the new entertainment center swivels into the bedroom! Mine is a 2012 32TSBH and it DOESN'T. Would have saved me the time, trouble and expense of installing a tv in the bedroom!
krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #9

I found out the C button was for the outside speakers the hard way. I seranaded the campground one night watching a movie. Thank goodness it was an old John Wayne Movie! Has anyone pulled that Jensen radio system out yet? Just wondered how hard it would be. I want to get to the coax connectors behind the radio. We have satellite and cable connections on the outside and I want to separate them out inside so I can run parallel satellite cables to connect to my Direct Tv DVR. As it is now, the cable hookup runs in to the tv connection. Ah the perils of roughing it! LOL

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #10

I had to replace my Jensen. Getting it out/in is a snap. There is a trim ring that surrounds it. A little gentle coaxing and it will pop right off. Behind the trim are 4 screws. Unit slides right out. The wiring has connectors allowing you to disconnect all that jazz. The area behind the radio is FULL of wire due to the amount of slack.
The wiring is interesting. Wouldn't call it a bundle or harness - more like a huge copper dust-bunny.:hihi:

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #11

I just had to pull my Jensen over the weekend and your right, what a bundle of wires. Easy to disconnect but told the RV place that they are going to have to reinstall. Darn thing just quit. The only way to turn it off and on was with the remote but nothing else worked with the buttons. Could play a DVD through the TV using the remote and that was it. Have a few other items for them to fix when they come out to install the Jensen.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote