Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #21

Price the TT with RVDirect, they have a few dealerships in NY.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:00 AM   #22
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbold1 View Post
It was my understanding that Jayco also uses tongue and groove plywood. The 2015 Jay Flight models, for example, say that 5/8" tongue and groove plywood flooring is standard.
yes, we covered this on post 3

My post that you quoted was to tell the OP other rv manufacturers use the same materials in their trailers as well
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #23

I wasn't following when I read it the first time. I was thinking it was to say FR had something Jayco didn't. Sorry
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #24

USMC, unfortunately the dealer I am working with is part of the RVDirect group. If they can't deliver, I will sell the current unit myself and wait to see if their are any good deals in February.
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:12 AM   #25

I would shop other dealerships. In fact, my local dealer didn't have the RV I wanted. Next closest was way overpriced. I contacted 2 dealers 2-3 hours away who had the coach in inventory. One of those waited 3 days to contact me back and my deal was already done. You snooze, you lose.
To the best of my knowledge the only contact made after the sale was by the second (overpriced) dealership.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcs1776 View Post
While I understand things happen, I expect to be kept informed of changes, especially when the place is well aware of our planned Columbus Day outing.
That is not an unreasonable expection. One thing I HATE is lack of communication. It does not take that long to pick up a phone and let your customer know of a change. And, that one is easy -- it is probably the factory's fault, not theirs. Most people are reasonable and understand issues as they come up. While they might be disappointed, most people would appreciate being treated with respect.

This goes for any product. I have the same issue when I had to get a warranty repair on my mountain bike frame. The company never informed me of changes to the schedule and kept me in the dark. Guess what -- next bike, I am definitely buying a different brand with better customer service! And, to boot, I make it a point to let everyone in the mountain bike community know their customer service stinks.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #27

I don't recall my salesman contacting me after the sale. He may have, once, and I don't recall it. Twice and I'd have been annoyed. Different strokes. What I do remember is I have contacted him three times with questions and received prompt and accurate responses. That's my priority. If OP asked for reports and didn't get them, he's got a gripe.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #28

So I waited for the salesman to call, but didn't receive anything. I let him know my frustration with the lack of communication; I had to call to find out the original trailer had problems, had to call to find out the delivery date was pushed back and had to call again despite him stating that he would update me by 9:30 this morning. He has one more opportunity to make it right, primarily because both my wife and I really want this particular model Jayco and there isn't anything within a reasonable driving distance. We will see on Monday if he either looses the sale or not.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:12 AM   #29

Just my take

Maybe I’m just lucky. My Jayco dealer is family owned and operated. I have bought 2 motor homes from him. I store my Greyhawk in the dealership lot and he performs my winterizing and de-winterizing. He is located across the street from a Ford dealership that has heavy truck service. I’m no mechanic or would even call myself handy. I just like to travel the roads and my dealer knows I depend on him. I told him when I walked through the door. I know nothing so we’re in this together. Every person in the business knows me. I’m comfortable with this.
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #30

It sounds like you haven't actually ordered the camper with a down payment. Is that right? If that's the case the average salesman, not a real good one, probably isn't too interested.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #31
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
It sounds like you haven't actually ordered the camper with a down payment. Is that right? If that's the case the average salesman, not a real good one, probably isn't too interested.
but management should be. His/her manager should know who he is dealing with and be questioning what is going on.

Shouldn't need a deposit to get the best service.

we had sales meetings every morning to discuss what ups we took the day before and discussed the strategies we would take.

Follow up follow up follow up......keys to riches
Old 09-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #32

We put $1000 to have the trailer ordered, but was a refundable deposit. I spent some time looking at reviews and found out that this dealership lost its BBB accreditation last Spring. There are two other dealerships in the area, both of whom have excellent reviews and BBB ratings. I am likely going to cancel the order, which unfortunately means looking at something other than Jayco, such as a Shasta. I am concerned that any warranty work could be a nightmare with the current dealer.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #33

Nbhybrid, I fully agree, without follow-up before the sale, what is the level of service after the sale?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #34
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
, which unfortunately means looking at something other than Jayco, such as a Shasta..

cant go wrong with Forest River
Old 09-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #35

Good to hear. We hope to purchase something that will hold up for a long time, well after my 12 year old (the last) is out of college.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #36

Spoke with my wife, who really wants the Jayco. I'm rather partial to Jayco due to all the research I have done. I'm going to see what happens tomorrow, before tossing in the towel with the dealer. Perhaps the salesman got the message yesterday and we can make it work.

Thank for all the replies.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Spoke with my wife, who really wants the Jayco. I'm rather partial to Jayco due to all the research I have done. I'm going to see what happens tomorrow, before tossing in the towel with the dealer. Perhaps the salesman got the message yesterday and we can make it work.

Thank for all the replies.
Maybe you should sent the salesman and the sales manager a link to this thread...
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #38

I don't think you are asking for too much. At the end of the day, its not the dealers fault there is a delay, but the dealer stands to make a tidy commission off your sale. You would think the dealer would want to keep you as happy as he can at least until you buy...

If you can't get satisfaction from the salesman, I would talk to the manager. If that doesn't make you feel better, talk to the general manager. These guys depend on new sales to make money. If you walk away from this sale, they may have to explain to their supervisors why it happened.
spoon059 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #39

Good points. I think I will ensure Jayco is aware of this as well. It isn't the delays that are at issue. Things happen. Hopefully this dealership will get it right.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #40

I thought I would provide an update, since y'all took the time to respond. I received a call from the salesman this morning, earlier than promised. This was a good sign. He was able to provide the delivery date, which was later than initially stated and would prevent camping again this year. Again, I would have been OK with that if we were kept informed from the beginning. He did have the same unit in coffee (wife wanted platinum - I just want a fire pit and camping chair). The other unit has some extra features, such as heated underbelly, so we are good with it as the cost isn't changing. The unit should be ready for pickup in a week. Bottom line is that this can work out, although I still will have some concerns if warranty work is necessary in the future.