Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #41

Late delivery date will be Jayco's fault

ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #42

I agree, and sometimes things happen. All the dealership had to do was call me to let me know. Then I wouldn't be upset with the dealer or with Jayco.

lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #43

I agree 100% that you should be kept in contact. I guarantee that if you were on the fence about buying, that salesman would be calling twice a week to try to convince you to come in and buy. Can he really not take the 3 minutes (TOPS!!!) a week to reach out to you and let you know whats going on?

A simple call on Monday morning... "Hey, just heard from Jayco, they are running a couple days behind their estimate, new date is..."

Next Monday "Hey, Jayco just told us its another week delayed, so sorry about the delay. New date is... We have a similar model being delivered, its like yours except... If you want, we can arrange to have you look at that one"

Next Monday "Hey, Jayco is moving along well, still expecting a delivery date of..."

Keep the customer informed, its not too hard. Its not the dealerships fault that Jayco was running behind, but the dealership is the customers link to the manufacturer. A good manager will know delivery dates of all ordered campers. A good manager will make sure his sales team is keeping customers happy. A good manager knows that happy customers are returning customers. A good manager knows that returning customers keep the manager employed.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #44

A Good Manager and a Good Salesman. OMG, where art thou.....LOL.

Can't speak about TT Dealerships, since I've only bought 2 in 27 years, but I can speak to new car dedalerships since I've bought dozens.

Once I had a salesman that was the BEST, and over the course of about 7 years I bought 3 new cars from him. Then he retired. I bought the next car from the same dealership. The salesman quit before the car was delivered, when it came in I met his replacement, and yet a 3rd delivered the car 2 days later after it was prepped.

The last 3 cars I bought were from salesmen that were gone by the time I came back for the first oil change.

Managers are just about as volatile.

The bottom line is that sales positions don't last long because the typical salesman isn't worth a crap, and those that DO last long eventually get let go because they spend too much time with customers after the sale, and not drumming up new business.

So, what's the answer....I dunno!!!
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #45

Exactly, Spoon059. You would do great in sales if I were buying. We were sold on a Jayco before we ever stepped foot on the lot.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #46

Gypsjim, my last vehicle purchased was great. The salesman and the manager both kept in touch, but they were not overbearing at all. In fact, I will be starting there when it is time to replace the Trailblazer with a truck.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #47

Glad things are working out for the OP.

Now, should we start a never ending thread on car dealers??
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #48

Trailer arrived at the dealership yesterday. I was waiting for a call this morning - finally called them myself. They require additional paperwork to setup the delivery date, usually a three day wait. I wasn't happy, considering we are to be camping this weekend. Called the salesman, who failed to mention the wait period. It is set for a Thursday afternoon pickup. If it is well done, it will be the last purchase I make from them. We have Barrett RV and Alpin Haus nearby, both with good reviews. If it isn't done well, we may be out looking at campers instead of camping this weekend.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #49
Lost in the Woods

they may well be the dumbest sales team I have ever heard of. Makes us veteran top salesmen look bad.

The sales manager and owner obviously haven't a clue how to sell with success.

maybe a handed down dealership from father to son and the latter hasn't a clue

hope for you everything goes well....as far as them I don't think there is hope.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #50

Thanks, Nbhybrid. Any service the unit needs, after the sale, will be done elsewhere. If it were not for a final camping trip with my wife and kids, it would already be over. Hopefully my desire to get this last weekend in doesn't end up costing me more in the long run. At least I will be camping close to home.