Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #41

Late delivery date will be Jayco's fault
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #42

I agree, and sometimes things happen. All the dealership had to do was call me to let me know. Then I wouldn't be upset with the dealer or with Jayco.
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #43

I agree 100% that you should be kept in contact. I guarantee that if you were on the fence about buying, that salesman would be calling twice a week to try to convince you to come in and buy. Can he really not take the 3 minutes (TOPS!!!) a week to reach out to you and let you know whats going on?

A simple call on Monday morning... "Hey, just heard from Jayco, they are running a couple days behind their estimate, new date is..."

Next Monday "Hey, Jayco just told us its another week delayed, so sorry about the delay. New date is... We have a similar model being delivered, its like yours except... If you want, we can arrange to have you look at that one"

Next Monday "Hey, Jayco is moving along well, still expecting a delivery date of..."

Keep the customer informed, its not too hard. Its not the dealerships fault that Jayco was running behind, but the dealership is the customers link to the manufacturer. A good manager will know delivery dates of all ordered campers. A good manager will make sure his sales team is keeping customers happy. A good manager knows that happy customers are returning customers. A good manager knows that returning customers keep the manager employed.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #44

A Good Manager and a Good Salesman. OMG, where art thou.....LOL.

Can't speak about TT Dealerships, since I've only bought 2 in 27 years, but I can speak to new car dedalerships since I've bought dozens.

Once I had a salesman that was the BEST, and over the course of about 7 years I bought 3 new cars from him. Then he retired. I bought the next car from the same dealership. The salesman quit before the car was delivered, when it came in I met his replacement, and yet a 3rd delivered the car 2 days later after it was prepped.

The last 3 cars I bought were from salesmen that were gone by the time I came back for the first oil change.

Managers are just about as volatile.

The bottom line is that sales positions don't last long because the typical salesman isn't worth a crap, and those that DO last long eventually get let go because they spend too much time with customers after the sale, and not drumming up new business.

So, what's the answer....I dunno!!!
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #45

Exactly, Spoon059. You would do great in sales if I were buying. We were sold on a Jayco before we ever stepped foot on the lot.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #46

Gypsjim, my last vehicle purchased was great. The salesman and the manager both kept in touch, but they were not overbearing at all. In fact, I will be starting there when it is time to replace the Trailblazer with a truck.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #47

Glad things are working out for the OP.

Now, should we start a never ending thread on car dealers??
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #48

Trailer arrived at the dealership yesterday. I was waiting for a call this morning - finally called them myself. They require additional paperwork to setup the delivery date, usually a three day wait. I wasn't happy, considering we are to be camping this weekend. Called the salesman, who failed to mention the wait period. It is set for a Thursday afternoon pickup. If it is well done, it will be the last purchase I make from them. We have Barrett RV and Alpin Haus nearby, both with good reviews. If it isn't done well, we may be out looking at campers instead of camping this weekend.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #49
Lost in the Woods

they may well be the dumbest sales team I have ever heard of. Makes us veteran top salesmen look bad.

The sales manager and owner obviously haven't a clue how to sell with success.

maybe a handed down dealership from father to son and the latter hasn't a clue

hope for you everything goes well....as far as them I don't think there is hope.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #50

Thanks, Nbhybrid. Any service the unit needs, after the sale, will be done elsewhere. If it were not for a final camping trip with my wife and kids, it would already be over. Hopefully my desire to get this last weekend in doesn't end up costing me more in the long run. At least I will be camping close to home.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #51

OP, have you confirmed that the nearby dealers will assist with problems that crop up? If they will, ask if you'll be at the back of the line as a non-customer. Having experienced buyer's remorse more than once in my lifetime, I'd run from this deal and Gramma get out of the way! Especially if I didn't have any skin ($) in the game. And I'd take the family to a nice hotel and enjoy the weekend. But do whatever works for you and best of luck.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #52

Cekkk, that's a great question. I will have to find out that answer.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #53

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #54

I bought a 2015 Jayco Precept motor home from Albany RV or whatever they call themselves. Worst buying experience I have ever had. High pressure sales, called every other day. Bought the unit because they were hard to find. Delivery was a joke, didn't do anything that we requested on buyers order, had a check engine light on when we bought it, that wasn't fixed, told me to take to Ford dealer, etc, etc. Have called them a dozen times and all I get is their automated answering system. No return calls. Have not spoken with a human since we took delivery. Oh, and if I didnt take the unit that day the guy said we would be charged for storage. Needless to say I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, Jayco, and any other agency I can think of. If they get your money, lookout, your in for a wild ride. They make independent used car dealers look like choir boys.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #55

Can you even file a complaint against a business whose BBB rating has already been revoked?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #56

Good question, NC Roamer. If there were any Jayco dealers in my area, I would have already gone elsewhere. My wife really likes this model, as do I. I do have very low expectations, as McFarmall alluded to (I think). We already have significant time, and a down payment, invested in this unit. They did work with us in terms of providing a few upgrades, although we don't need them. We don't use the radio, TV, or microwave when camping. In fact, we rarely use water. We just want something that is very comfortable to sleep in and has plenty of room to hold our coffee - the one thing we can't do without.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #57

I am totally befuddled by this whole thread. I am a proverbial "consumer", having bought dozens of boats, cars, RVs and other big ticket items. As I said in my original post, we bought our Jayco from the Buffalo dealership of the same company and found it to be one of the best buying experiences ever. We have been using the trailer every weekend since August and couldn't be more delighted with it. A couple of minor issues, but all were adressed myself with help from the forum, and no $ required. The dealer prep was, IMHO, outstanding.

If I had read this thread in July we would have purchased elsewhere. In any event, glad I didn't read it because we truly are happy campers.

To the OP - I hope all works out well for you.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #58

Gypsjim, I, the OP, purchased from the same dealer twice before. I have been quite surprised by this experience. I do hope it works out well as we have too few days to camp and really need the time away.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #59

My sales person has been fantastic. She arranged for my trailer to be delivered to my seasonal site. I had a small issue with a leak on one of my taps and called her, she arranged for it to be fixed on site. She called me during the summer and asked me how I was enjoying the trailer.

I bought locally and was treated very well both before I paid and after...I think it is as it should be. After sale service is vitally important and without it you are stuck hoping that another dealer will service your trailer if needed. I know that it is customers first at most dealers, as it should be.

Good Luck!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:16 AM   #60

lightcs1776, perhaps you ought to point out to Jayco that this dealerships BBB rating has been revoked??? Does Jayco really want a dealership like this in the dealership chain??? If so, Jayco may be the one that needs to be talking with the dealership management team to help them out. Might need to give them some management 101 principles and salesmanship 101!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote