Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #1

External Mounted TV Project - Pics

Hi group,

I wanted to share a project that I've been asked about often when at campgrounds. In 2014 Jayco was still installing cable outlets on the awning side of the camper. I always set up a table to place a TV onto it, however I finally got up the courage to install a removable mount on the outside.

First thing I did was locate an area, then studs to mount the frame to. They say measure twice, cut once. I measured about 12 times then drilled once. A very tiny once. I was able to locate the studs with a stud finder. Never having done this before I plotted an outline of studs to ensure I was actually locating one and not something else running through the wall. I also validated the stud location by looking where the manufacture and screwed the cabinets into and measure from the door frame.

TV Mount

Next I mounted the bracket, covered the screws and the edge of the braket with LAP Sealant.

Finally it's a quick slide-on of the TV and it's time to watch!

Old 04-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #2

very cool. I don't have a cable jack on that side. But still want to do this project. I'll just have to run the cable wire under the camper to accomplish the same thing. But that's not a big deal.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewat View Post
very cool. I don't have a cable jack on that side. But still want to do this project. I'll just have to run the cable wire under the camper to accomplish the same thing. But that's not a big deal.
Our friends bought the exact same camper (took our build sheet to have it duplicated) however theirs is a 2015. They removed that cable outlet from the side. Really wish they would have kept it. Seems very popular with other manufactures.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #4

That is interesting. Not sure what year they started but our 2017 has a cable connection, 110v power and TV mount already on the side in about that location. In one of the drawers was the bracket to bolt to the back of the TV. I wish they used the same mount as the inside TV so it could just be moved from inside to outside but for some reason they are different. So we will have to get another TV for outside use. Actually I am considering replacing the inside TV with one slightly bigger. Then taking the Furrion and doing the outside mount on that one. They say they are a bit more resistant to moisture and shock. I figure that since the outside one is going to be moved all the time it might as well be the more rugged TV getting moved.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #5

We have the 2016 23MRB white Hawk and this unit has all connections and the mount. We get alot of use from this set up and we do like it.
Mikedebb is offline   Reply With Quote