Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #1

Extra connectors

I received the attached diagram from Jayco describing the interface between the 7-wire plug connector and the trailer (2016 19RD). Mostly all good, except I have an extra (making 8 total, instead of 7 I see in the diagram) set of connections held together by a wire nut, where Black-Black-Green wires come together.

Was wondering if anyone can give me any insight on that extra set of connections.

Thanks

DT
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7 way print.pdf (99.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 09-07-2021, 06:37 PM   #2

Can you say where the area of the connection is in the drawing? Not seeing it.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:54 PM   #3
Site Team

I replaced our metal junction with a 10 terminal Pollak plastic box, with stud terminals, and with the exception of the yellow back-up lamp wire, all of them were color to same color connections. Ours is older (2012), so the wiring may have been upgraded. Just a thought, do you have a solar connection on the tongue? Here's a shot of the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0495.jpg  

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:34 PM   #4

The connection I'm talking about is not in the drawing. It's hanging our of the junction box just like the other 7, but not on the diagram.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #5

First thing I would do is to test with a multimeter to see if there is any voltage. if you can, trace the wire back into the box and see where it originates. Don't be surprised if you find this is just an additional wire or a loose additional ground. Can't tell you how many times I have found on trailers that when only a few lights work they run an additional ground. I suspect since this is black/green it has to do with 12 volt lights, such as running lights. Maybe someone who is a real expert can chime in. I am self taught.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:35 AM   #6

Solar

I do have "solar on the side" which is just a pigtail to the battery from a plug. Not sure if the wires from there go into that junction box, looks like maybe straight to the battery. don't want to unravel the whole harness to find out just yet.