Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2022, 07:01 AM   #1

Extra Stabilizers

I was thinking of adding a third set of Stabillizer jacks mounted just front of the front axel on my 2022 28bhs. I have used Xchocks that help a little but the trailer still has more movement than what i like. Would this void any warranty. Im not putting them under the slide out but under the main frame?

randy
solar wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:14 AM   #2

I would imagine it could void your warranty for drilling into the frame. Maybe contact Jayco and ask. X-Chocks are good. You could also put a support under the steps to stop the rock as you walk in. Others have used supports under their slides as well. Maybe check into JT's Strong Arm stabilizer system.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:53 AM   #3

I called the dealer and they called Jayco direct and i was given the ok as long as i dont do any damage to other components of the rig.

randy
solar wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:59 AM   #4

On our old Nomad we used the removable jack stands. They worked great.

You will never get all the wiggle out, but a couple things to also try. A few hours or next morning, go through and tighten up the stabilizers and X-Chocks. I also always place wood pad under my stabilizers to give them a larger ground surface area.

https://www.amazon.com/RVGUARD-Trail...s%2C161&sr=8-6

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:27 AM   #5

These help, too:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...bar-33456.html

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:53 PM   #6

DYI stabilizers stopped the wiggle for us

After watching a few dyi stabilizer videos on YouTube I remembered I had about a 6' long piece of unistrut in the back yard. I cut it in half and worked out perfect. Placed them a few feet in front of the front axle. Added a ratchet strap and tightened it up the camper is now rock solid. I still have the four jacks in place that the trailer comes with and keep the front trailer jack in place too but the stabilizers did the trick. Sorry I didn't think to take a pic but if you look up DYI RV stabilizers on YT you'll see what I'm talking about.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:35 PM   #7

My trailer came with, I think, 24" jacks. If not on fairly level location you had to use blocks on either the front or rear (which I don't like to do).

I bought two sets of 30" (link at bottom) jacks to replace the existing and moved the original jacks (one pair) to the middle. Added a piece of 2" square tubing to them and now no blocks needed. Trailer solid with third set of stabilizer jacks.

I don't know which steps you got, but I added the Lippert Solid Stance RV Step Support Kit to stop 'bounce' and to reduce wear on the original steps. Wonderful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...rt/LC96BJ.html
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 11:47 AM   #8

Like he said...

Jagiven hit the nail on the head.
We use foot long sections of 2x12 under the trailers jacks for more stable footing, and the spin up jacks under the frame on both sides about 1/3 of the way from front and rear also footed with 2x12 for stablility.
We carry a cordless impact driver for raising and lowering the jacks. That alone is a huge time/energy saver. Keep the battery charged by plugging into an inverter and the solar will have it charged up fresh for each days tightening.
It's about as close to wiggle and creak free as you can get in an 18 y/o trailer.
Giving them a tightening tweak daily will help to eliminate any "softening" of the support. The few extra minutes is well worth the comfort/peace of mind.
Mach1tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:28 PM   #9

JT strong Arms.
Hands down made the world of a difference
My wife is a light sleeper and would wake up when anyone would move. She sleeps great now.https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Zenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenar View Post
JT strong Arms.
Hands down made the world of a difference
My wife is a light sleeper and would wake up when anyone would move. She sleeps great now.https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Same here with my wife. Installed the strong arms and they make a huge difference. I can take the dog out now without waking her up.
damammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:23 PM   #11

Jt strong arms or similar are great bit if you can neutralize your leaf springs you remove the frame flex mid frame while setup so adding stands or stabilizers mid frame makes a big difference as well
rhermsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:45 AM   #12

I just added one stabilizer next to the steps and that took a lot of movement out of the trailer as well as the steps.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:26 PM   #13

I added extra scissor stabilizers just in front of the axle to take out the vertical bounce and JT strong arms to take out the side to side and front to back wiggle. I also use x-chocks between the wheels. We hardly feel any bouncing now.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote