Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #41

Thanks. I guess I have a phone call to make tomorrow.
nisbitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #42

And when they call you to come in for your PDI when the RV arrives you will find numerous fit and finish issues that can take at least another week. We have had our motorhome 6 months and it has been at the dealer with warranty issues for the past three weeks. There is no end in sight.
preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #43

Just got word from the dealer after initiating the phone call that the trailer comes off the line Sept 1. Only 14 weeks in the making. Bye bye summer camping. Fall it is.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #44

Same here, we ordered a Hummingbird 17RK the last week of July because we were told it would be here in 8 wks and we figured we would get to use it a couple times before winter. We were also told we would have weekly updates during the build.

Now I'm hearing that Jayco won't even start building it until the last week in October.....seriously considering cancelling the order and just waiting until Spring.

I'm seeing the same theme with different people, dealer says 8 weeks and then it gets doubled. If they would've been straight up with me it would've been a lot better. Either dealers are making promises they know they can't fulfill or the factory is not properly informing the dealers of the current lead times.

I know in my line of business if I promise our client an equipment lead time it's going to make it on time one way or another and I'm always conservative when quoting lead times.
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #45

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
New, New.........there's demand, what put pressure on production. Hopeful they leave the assembly line in good finished condition.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #46

bwalton, did you ever get your TT? How's the quality of them with these long build times? Hope they're not rushing them out the door.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #47

I don't understand why these dealers are saying 6 to 8 weeks? I dealer said 8 to 12 weeks and it could be longer. That was in the winter time before all the RV shows when they get inundated with orders. I think some of these dealers are giving shorter estimates just to close the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #48

I doubt the dealers are using any real time information to estimate delivery schedules. They just tell you what they were experiencing last year on orders from the factory. Apparently deliveries schedules have extended and the dealers experience just hasn't caught up with reality yet. I doubt dealers would quote shorter times just to close a deal. That would be a sure fire way to have unhappy customers and most dealers don't want that. Customers are like wives in that happier is better than unhappy.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #49

I understand stuff happens. I just don't agree with me finding stuff out for the dealer instead of the dealer finding dates out and relaying it to me. Oh well.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I don't understand why these dealers are saying 6 to 8 weeks? I dealer said 8 to 12 weeks and it could be longer. That was in the winter time before all the RV shows when they get inundated with orders. I think some of these dealers are giving shorter estimates just to close the deal.

I was told 6-8 weeks by two separate dealers while shopping. But even after we initially were told 6-8 weeks, during a conversation I had with a Jayco rep, he even made a comment about how he didn't understand why some salesman tell people that and it is VERY rare for them to EVER put out a trailer in that short of a timeframe.

Then the real doozey was when I was negotiating with a salesman from a particular national chain RV dealership (that will remain nameless) tell me that it might even be sooner than that because they are the largest Jayco dealers in the country and that Jayco was going to be shutting down production for everyone else shortly and build trailers exclusively for them.

So I have no doubt that some will tell you what you want to hear.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:58 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
I was told 6-8 weeks by two separate dealers while shopping. But even after we initially were told 6-8 weeks, during a conversation I had with a Jayco rep, he even made a comment about how he didn't understand why some salesman tell people that and it is VERY rare for them to EVER put out a trailer in that short of a timeframe.

Then the real doozey was when I was negotiating with a salesman from a particular national chain RV dealership (that will remain nameless) tell me that it might even be sooner than that because they are the largest Jayco dealers in the country and that Jayco was going to be shutting down production for everyone else shortly and build trailers exclusively for them.

So I have no doubt that some will tell you what you want to hear.
Some dealers give delivery estimates based on what the customer would like to hear vs reality. The Jayco rep you spoke with confirmed my suspicions. Did the rep give you the average REAL timeframe from a factory perspective? I was told 8-12 weeks and was also told it could be quicker or could take longer. I was also told there is no guarantee on delivery time regarding custom orders.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:31 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Some dealers give delivery estimates based on what the customer would like to hear vs reality. The Jayco rep you spoke with confirmed my suspicions. Did the rep give you the average REAL timeframe from a factory perspective? I was told 8-12 weeks and was also told it could be quicker or could take longer. I was also told there is no guarantee on delivery time regarding custom orders.
Sounds like you are getting rather accurate information where myself and others had to find out ourselves and get blindsided.

It seems that most product lines are running about 12 weeks give or take from what others are saying. As for the Eagle TT line, which is where our order is sitting, even having a Jayco rep that was looking directly at the production schedule about half way thru our window, and telling us 8-10 weeks did not save us when only a few weeks later we were told 20+ weeks, and ONLY after WE inquired. Jayco never thought that this type of a delay would be a problem for the customer that is waiting to take delivery. It was only after I asked our salesman to double check, did we find out the disturbing news.

And from everything I am aware of, you are also being told correctly about that there are no guaranteed delivery windows where custom orders are concerned.

The only advice I can give is to stay on top of both the salesman and Jayco in regards to tracking delivery times. I am just hoping to take delivery before Thanksgiving at this point.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
I'm not sure that is true. When we toured two of the factories no two units were the same. We toured the Jay flight TT line and the 5er line. Different models, sizes etc were on the line next to each other.
I don't know how that works either but based on what I have been seeing by my almost daily searches online for 2017 Eagles TT's in general, it appears that the "market" is being supplied by model.

First, one or two 2017 338RETS appeared on a couple of lots, but it was obvious that they were "crossover" builds as they had a few 2016 design items (for example, 4 drawer dressers in the BR vs. 6 in the 2017's) where the rest was 2017. Then a couple of 330RSTS's that also looked like they were "crossover" units appeared. A few weeks later, I saw 2017 330RSTS's start to appear en masse on numerous dealer lots, then lately it has been 2017 338RETS models appearing in large numbers. The 320RLTS seems to be the next one to appear en masse as a few have popped up in the last few days, but I have yet to be able to locate one single 333BHOK in the wild yet. Jayco doesn't even have a 360 posted yet for the 333BHOK.

Have they changed their normal production methods due to the amount of orders that they say they have incurred? Or are they changing their processes which is also contributing to the drastic delivery delays some are incurring this year? Who knows. But I would think that if they built all 4 models, side by side, on the line, that at least a few of all four models would be seen "in the wild" but that just doesn't seem to be the case this year, at least for the Eagle TT's.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #54

If their lips are moving!!!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #55

nisbitch,
I did get my trailer. We've camped in it a total of 17 nights and haven't found anything major wrong with it. I found one place were the bedroom slide got into the trim for the bathroom door slightly and a squeak in the bedroom floor.

My only real complaint is the bounce. Being nearly 40' long with only 4 worthless (my opinion) "stabilizer" (in quotes because they don't stabilize) jacks we get a good amount of bounce. I installed two scissor jacks in front of the tires yesterday and they helped. I may end up putting them on all four corners as well. My GF gets motion sickness very easily so I need to get as much bounce/sway out as possible.

Other than those few issues, which should be easily fixed, we love it. We'll spend at least another 20 nights in it before we even consider putting it away for the winter.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:41 PM   #56

Extremely Disappointed...

bwalton, glad after the wait everything is working pretty good and you all love it.

On our last camper I installed Husky scissor jacks in front of the wheels and it helped a lot. They were much sturdier than stock. Had I kept that trailer I would have replaced the 4 stock ones with them as well....
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:25 AM   #57

Today's the day it's supposed to get delivered to the dealer. Time will tell. Asked the dealer at the start of the week if it's still on time and they said they assume so. You'd think they'd know what trailers they're getting that day so they can be ready for prep. Guess not.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #58

Just got word today that the trailer is in. 14 1/2 weeks of wondering is over. Finally time for some September camping.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
Just got word today that the trailer is in. 14 1/2 weeks of wondering is over. Finally time for some September camping.

A few pages back (in July) - "13-15 weeks." was what their revised estimate was. Looks like they *nailed it*. Glad the wait is over for you guys.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
I don't know how that works either but based on what I have been seeing by my almost daily searches online for 2017 Eagles TT's in general, it appears that the "market" is being supplied by model.

First, one or two 2017 338RETS appeared on a couple of lots, but it was obvious that they were "crossover" builds as they had a few 2016 design items (for example, 4 drawer dressers in the BR vs. 6 in the 2017's) where the rest was 2017. Then a couple of 330RSTS's that also looked like they were "crossover" units appeared. A few weeks later, I saw 2017 330RSTS's start to appear en masse on numerous dealer lots, then lately it has been 2017 338RETS models appearing in large numbers. The 320RLTS seems to be the next one to appear en masse as a few have popped up in the last few days, but I have yet to be able to locate one single 333BHOK in the wild yet. Jayco doesn't even have a 360 posted yet for the 333BHOK.

Have they changed their normal production methods due to the amount of orders that they say they have incurred? Or are they changing their processes which is also contributing to the drastic delivery delays some are incurring this year? Who knows. But I would think that if they built all 4 models, side by side, on the line, that at least a few of all four models would be seen "in the wild" but that just doesn't seem to be the case this year, at least for the Eagle TT's.
My understanding is that the models are built in batches based on demand. If you custom order a model that you see a lot of on the lots then you stand a better chance of getting yours sooner than the model you never see. Our local dealer told me that of all the Jay Flight models Jayco offers he only orders about 9 of those floor plans as inventory. When we ordered our TT in 2014 we had just missed the batch of our model so our weight was more like 14 weeks instead of the 8-10 quoted to start with.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote