Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2022, 08:34 PM   #1

Factory Solar Controller

Our TT came with the factory solar panels and controller. The solar controller setting and data are to be used with the jay command app on the phone but no data shows. It’s like it is not communicating with the system. I pulled the manual for the controller and it is charging the battery from what I can tell. Any ideas on how to make it communicate with the system and phone? It does have the RV-C hookup already.
Bhdsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:03 AM   #2

Can you please tell which RV model and which controller you have? I would think its the MPPT 30amp but want to make sure.

From what I have seen the JayCommand may need to be updated to allow/see this functionality. My system needed a couple updates when we first got it.

Have you checked the cables to make sure that they are all plugged in? Specifically the RVC one.

Would you mind posting pictures of the RVC cable as well, as I and a couple others are looking to possibly upgrade to this controller and use it with our JayCommand systems. GoPower confirmed to me that it will work but they didnt know what the cable was. If I could see it, it would help as I think its just a tele type cable.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Can you please tell which RV model and which controller you have? I would think its the MPPT 30amp but want to make sure.

From what I have seen the JayCommand may need to be updated to allow/see this functionality. My system needed a couple updates when we first got it.

Have you checked the cables to make sure that they are all plugged in? Specifically the RVC one.

Would you mind posting pictures of the RVC cable as well, as I and a couple others are looking to possibly upgrade to this controller and use it with our JayCommand systems. GoPower confirmed to me that it will work but they didnt know what the cable was. If I could see it, it would help as I think its just a tele type cable.

We have a 2022 Eagle HT 284bhok.

It’s the 30amp controller. Link to manual is below.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/c...VC-30-MPPT.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0620.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	78371

The dealer is currently looking at it to figure it out. I had the latest firmware installed. The app on the phone won’t let me turn any solar settings on and shows everything as not working.

I did verify it was charging the battery based on the light flashing sequence as stated in the manual. The RV-C cable is the one left of the battery cables. I have the LCD panel for the jaycommand system rather than the tablet.

Go power does sell a new Bluetooth controller for this but it should work through the integrated jaycommand phone app.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:54 PM   #4

I have the same issue

Hi,

I have the same issue, was this ever resolved?
Ttttttttt112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhdsfan View Post
We have a 2022 Eagle HT 284bhok.

It’s the 30amp controller. Link to manual is below.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/c...VC-30-MPPT.pdf

Attachment 78371

The dealer is currently looking at it to figure it out. I had the latest firmware installed. The app on the phone won’t let me turn any solar settings on and shows everything as not working.

I did verify it was charging the battery based on the light flashing sequence as stated in the manual. The RV-C cable is the one left of the battery cables. I have the LCD panel for the jaycommand system rather than the tablet.

Go power does sell a new Bluetooth controller for this but it should work through the integrated jaycommand phone app.

Have had my 22 Eagle HT 312BHOK about 3 weeks. Having the same issue or not talking to app or Jaycommand inside trailer. Controller LED show "Btry OK" and the other seems to show "night" even at mid day
.(Your lite up LED, mine is off. But middle is on) Local dealer seemed lost, they are waiting for info from Go Power & Jayco.

I checked the amps & volts output from Panels. Seemed good, checked at the controller and seemed OK too. Batteries are not charging though.
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 02:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttttttttt112 View Post
Hi,

I have the same issue, was this ever resolved?
Yes! They swapped the controller and we still had the same issue. I pulled some wiring diagrams and sent it to the service tech. Ended up being one of the cables to the controller was incorrectly wired and wouldn’t allow it to communicate with Jaycommand.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhdsfan View Post
Yes! They swapped the controller and we still had the same issue. I pulled some wiring diagrams and sent it to the service tech. Ended up being one of the cables to the controller was incorrectly wired and wouldn’t allow it to communicate with Jaycommand.
Can you post link where you found the wiring diagram? I've all but given up on the service dept ability to figure this out. Lol
Old 02-04-2023, 04:16 PM   #8

Diagram

I recall it being the can bus wire that was not correct.
Attached Thumbnails
813797F4-A9F7-4DC0-8779-940FA7976271.jpeg   2C8C7AC7-FA4E-422A-897E-D120DFAC4C60.jpeg   9A8F47CB-4A91-44AD-88CB-D6888EE5AF73.jpg  
Old 02-04-2023, 09:37 PM   #9

Much Appreciated! Reckon I'll take a look at it tomorrow