Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #21

Fellow Arkansan says BOTH...you won't regret it.
2018 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29 MVP, 400Watt Solar (2)12V, 170ah Lithium "Big Batteries", Surge Protector RVi3 Tow System, TPMS, Real Gauge trip & engine code monitor, RoadMaster Steering Stabilizer, Tailgater Sat antenna, Wingard Connect 2 wifi-LTE roof mounted antenna, Soft-Start on ACs, Xantrex 2000 Watt Inverter
Arkansas
RGD615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #22

Definitely the AC! We have a 2018 Jayco Melbourne 24K...with black/silver paint...and in summer the AC can't keep up and I am reminded (every 10 minutes) how much a brand new AC doesn't work right. Definitely get the biggest AC possible! I will most likely be buying a new AC this summer and will have a slightly used AC for sale.
Imazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #23

I would go with both, the wife and I went to Law Vegas last summer in September, our 5th wheel is 35" and we only have the one 15,000 a/c even that wasn't enough so we had to put a rotating can in the door way, that was better but not enough. So we said that we was going to have another one put in but since we are in the process on trading it in for one that have it already install. My saying is and I'm sticking with it is " I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it" to a point. Now some things I would most likely would never use but you get it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #24

I have the Maxxair automatic fan. Fantastic! Never in need of the extra bedroom ac unit.
2016 F-250 gas Super Duty Super Crew 8 ft. box.
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #25

Yes, get both. Well worth the money.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #26

Do yourself a big favor----order a 50 amp service with 2 a/c units. Better yet---search the internet for the unit you want, wherever it may be in the USA and have it shipped to you. Your dealer will still need to service it but you wont have the long time between order and delivery. Switchover to the 2020 models will occur shortly.
Also review VERY closely ALL terms and conditions of your contract. Many dealers are including cost recovery clauses covering themselves in the event of price increases from the factory for any reason...tariffs, gas increases, wages, etc, etc. If you accept these clauses you could wind up with thousands more in costs and no way out of your contract. Make sure you can cancel with a full refund for any reason.
Dealers are schuysters these days!!
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I would go with both, the wife and I went to Law Vegas last summer in September, our 5th wheel is 35" and we only have the one 15,000 a/c even that wasn't enough so we had to put a rotating can in the door way, that was better but not enough. So we said that we was going to have another one put in but since we are in the process on trading it in for one that have it already install. My saying is and I'm sticking with it is " I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it" to a point. Now some things I would most likely would never use but you get it.
You make some very good points. Thanks.
RazorbackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Thank you Big 1. I agree.. it's better to have something and not need it, then to need it and not have!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:23 PM   #29

Definitely get the upgraded AC. That is an expensive thing to get later on.

I would get the Fantastic Fan if the price was right from the dealer, or else I would simply add some type of powered fan myself. I have a Hengs Vortex in my current trailer (only one that doesn't require cutting into a factory seal) and had one on my old trailer. Cost me less than $50 and super easy to install.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #30

Quote:

That is my advice also. If you look at the cost of options when ordering your TT, most of them are cheaper than having them installed afterwards. I'm a firm believer when living in the south that you should go with the bigger A/C, but when we purchased ours last year, 2nd A/C was mandatory. We had our last camper for 20 years so I'm looking long term.
fr8erfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8erfxr View Post
That is my advice also. If you look at the cost of options when ordering your TT, most of them are cheaper than having them installed afterwards. I'm a firm believer when living in the south that you should go with the bigger A/C, but when we purchased ours last year, 2nd A/C was mandatory. We had our last camper for 20 years so I'm looking long term.

Amen, I check with Camping World how much a 2nd A/C cost and for the regular size would be a little over $1000 but the low profile is a little more.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Just 10% more A/C will help on a hot day, but it's not a miracle cure like some would think.

I rather have super insulation and double pane windows than 10% more A/C.

If I were an RV salesman, I'd sure want to sell you the most expensive one.

What's the price difference?
It’s only 150 for the higher AC. We ordered it. Better to have and not need, then to want nd not have. Especially for that price!
Old 02-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Amen, I check with Camping World how much a 2nd A/C cost and for the regular size would be a little over $1000 but the low profile is a little more.

Yep, and we was going to pay that but since we getting one that have a second one a/c so no worry.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:45 AM   #34

Where would you get 12v power from to operate it? Don't know where I could hook it up on my 2014 Flight 26BH? Talking about the Fantastic fan.
Thanks, Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantastic fan