Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #1

Feedback on 245RLS or 24RBS

Looking for some feedback.

The wife and I have enjoyed our 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW since new. But we now want a trailer with a slide out.

Our dealer has 2 campers we are interested in; 2020 Jay Flight SLX 245RLS and a 2020 Jay Flight 24RBS. Both have a slide, and the couch and tables convert to beds for the small grand-kids.

Any feedback on the 245RLS or 24RBS would be appreciated!
jmkdopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #2

My brother has a 2016 Jay Flight SLX 245RLS.

A few of issues he has had with it.

1. The fake leather fabric has frayed and cracked after one year of use. Jayco refused to correct problem within 2 year warranty.

2. You must make sure the floor is clean from debris before bringing in slide. A pebble caught under the slide and put a lengthy gouge into the linoleum.

3. LED light strip separated from under the base of awning.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #3

Thank you for the feedback!
Old 05-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I have 2018 Jay Flight 24RBS and the floor plan has worked out great for the type of camping I do (boondocking and full hookup camping).

Just a couple thoughts.......

*Based on the fact that you will occasionally have the "small" grand children (that get bigger) camping with you, I think the SLX 245RLS would be a better floorplan. The 245RLS standard sofa is larger than the 24RBS love seat sofa...., more comfortable & room for seating two adults, larger sleeping area, and better location.

*The area between the bathroom wall and foot of the queen bed is a little tight in the 245RLS, which may add to the difficultly accessing the one 'Ward' and/or changing bed linens. Both the 24RBS and your present 264BHW provide better access around the queen bed.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #5

Thank you for your advice!
Old 05-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #6

Both of these models were on our “final 7” list. We ended up getting the 2020 24RBS because the DW fell in love with the limited edition “farmhouse” interior. If you want to see what it looks like Haylett RV has some good videos that show the inside. We both are in love with this unit and have had no trouble so far. Rustic Eagle has a good point about the bigger couch in the 24RLS. I think even a hide a bed is an option, but I am not sure. The counter space is way better in that unit also. Another thing that we really liked about the 24RBS that we bought was the big storage closet in the bathroom for bath towels ect. It would be easy enough to put a medicine cabinet in the SLX, but there is no in the bathroom towel storage. Any questions you may have about our unit, feel free to ask. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #7

The 24RBS we are looking at also has the Farmhouse interior, and my wife loves it too. Storage is everything in a camper, so you are right about the nice large storage closet in the bathroom. So glad to hear you really like your 24RBS. Thanks for the comments!
Old 05-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #8

Tell me about it! My previous unit had 6 outside storage doors, including being able to access the back of the U dinette from the outside. Talk about spoiled. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
We just went from a '17 26BH to a 265RLS. I know this is neither of the 2 you are looking at, but what we liked about the 265 over the 245 is the larger slide, making the trailer huge when open, plus the large window in the back and the two rocking chairs ( not recliners). As hard as i try, i cannot ever sit on a Jayco sofa for any length of time, and these chairs are a welcome edition. Ours also has the sofa bed, not a jackknife sofa, so if the kids decide to tag along, they have somewhere to sleep. I would never include a dinette as a sleeping option, first off, to darn small, secondly, camping is supposed to be fun, not a chore.... who wants to be taking the dinette down every night, than up in the morning. The love seat in the 24RBS is small, real small. Kids will outgrow it. Personally, if bringing grand kids is going to be an ongoing thing (thats a good thing) you may want to look at the 267BHS .... looks to be like everything you would need, and those grand kids will be thrilled to have their own beds
Old 05-10-2020, 06:13 PM   #10

24rbs

DW& I got our new 24RBS one year ago, and we love it! Nice roomy floorplan, good amount of storae, and tows nice. Our 11year old granddaughter even likes sleeping on the u shaped dinette! I can't say anything negative about it at all. Lots of nice features for a "couples trailer"....that's both big enough, as well as small enough too. Good luck with your choice.
57gasser is offline   Reply With Quote