Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #1

feeling even better

Yesterday, I went with my family to a nearby RV show. That seemed like an odd decision, perhaps, since it's been not quite a year even since we bought our 2015 Jay Flight. And I wasn't really sure myself why we went, tbh. We enjoyed climbing aboard several, seeing similarities and differences with ours. Maybe we're even at some level doing a little thinking ahead to some future time when we get a different one. Maybe I'm still trying to see if we got the right one or got a good deal. In any case, what happened was that we came away feeling even better about our choice of Jayco in general and our 264BHW in particular. There were Springdales and Coachmens there (as well as Airstreams). We noticed the cabinetwork was not as finished as ours, and in many cases we noticed doors not hung or fitting well. Walls were not as sturdy, bedroom floor space was tighter in some, and the dinette cushions were less sturdy. Above all, though, I noticed floors being "springy" or "spongy", something that just is not the case with ours. I asked my wife when we left if she felt better with our choice, and we agreed, outside of a couple whistles and bells, we're very pleased with ours in comparison. Just thought I'd share.
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #2

We do the same thing with Boat Shows and RV Shows. I always tell my wife if we find one we like better we'll trade her in. (the boat, not the wife....LOL)

So far the boat has survived thru 31 boat shows. The RV is only a year old and we came away happy we bought the Jayco. last year, though I DID see a jetski I liked and our 10 year old model got traded.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:45 AM   #3

Haven't been to an RV show since I bought mine 2 years ago, but have been to several dealers lots, and looked at several models on dealers' websites. I agree with you! Haven't seen anything I like as well, or that fits my needs as well at my Eagle. Add the fact that Jayco discontinued my model the year after mine was made.

When you drop a load on a new RV, sure is a great feeling knowing you've made the right decision!
Old 01-19-2016, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Haven't been to an RV show since I bought mine 2 years ago, but have been to several dealers lots, and looked at several models on dealers' websites. I agree with you! Haven't seen anything I like as well, or that fits my needs as well at my Eagle. Add the fact that Jayco discontinued my model the year after mine was made.

When you drop a load on a new RV, sure is a great feeling knowing you've made the right decision!
X2!

Exactly the same, Brownie, except ours is a 2015 Jay Flight.

(BTW, enjoying a case of GR's Founders Ale I bought here in AZ!)
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:59 AM   #5

I feel the sameway.. We went to the pretty BIG Boston RV show over the weekend. Looked at Jay Flights (not the model I have coming any day now) as well as many other brands. The fit and finish of the Jayco's shined above all the competition in the same config and price range. I also got to meet the Jayco factory rep I had been in touch with via email over the past few months. Nice guy. I am very pleased with the unit I selected, now I just cant wait fro it to arrive. He remembered seeing that my rig was released to the shipper last week, so it should be coming soon!
Old 01-19-2016, 11:34 AM   #6

Jayco brand must be doing very well. Had a lot of rigs at the Tampa RV show. I also understand from a dealer that they cannot keep up with production. Also saw where they were making a huge addition at their plant. Sign of good times I guess.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #7

I can't even mention the words.."RV Show"! My wife would tear me a new one! Took us long enough to compromise (on floorplans) on the one we chose. The other day I told her, "Might as well start looking for a 5er!" I thought she was gonna cry. All in all, I think we made a great decision and I wouldn't change a thing!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #8

Funny....we go to the San Antonio Boat & RV show each year just to look. We also come away from there thinking our Jayco is better than anything we saw at the show.
2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax
JMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #9
Site Team

The last show we attended we looked at several and then the biggest nicest heaviest 5er they had there. The DW says, "This is nice, I really like this" I replied yes its nice. It is also 6x more expensive then ours, and weighs twice as much as my truck will pull. We then moved on to the next exhibit.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #10

I only went to Boston show looking for accessories. I was hoping I'd score a deal on a progressive power unit or perhaps a deal on a dish network setup. I didn't see either.