Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckerg View Post
Will be trading the unit in towards another that has much better service dept. Based on reviews from people I know and spoke with at campground and the campground and my home both fall into Thier free service call radius.
Really - but the hit you will take on the trade in will certainly eliminate any savings you might realize with a different dealer. In fact, have you called them about performing warranty work on you current trailer? If they are the type that says they only do warranty on units they sell, or they don't see Jayco, but you still want to use them; it would be worth paying upfront then pursuing Jayco for repayment. Trading in a 2016 26BH, you are going to lose at minimum $5000, that is a whole lot of repairs in a 2 year warranty period.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:25 AM   #22

I don't mean to be snarky but the problems you cite all sound very minor. I doubt you will ever find any brand that does not have minor problems in the beginning. When you get your new trailer you will be faced with the same decision of taking it back to the dealer for repairs. You will surely take a big hit on the depreciation. Not many things depreciate faster than an RV.

I agree that warranties can be worthless but it's never been a problem for me. I just make the repairs myself and have never had a problem dealing with the supplier of the component for warranty assistance. Just the week before last I had a leaf spring (supplied by Lippert) break. I just called Lippert and they sent me all the parts and a mobile tech to replace the springs. No problem and no involvement from the dealer or the manufacturer. Did the same thing when my Furrion radio failed. I've never even talked to my dealer since I left the lot. In fact I bought the trailer about 300 miles from my house.

Owning an RV and expecting the dealer to resolve every little issue no matter how minor is a sure fire recipe for dissatisfaction. You'll eventually get tired of all the effort it to haul it to the dealership for 3 weeks to have a fuse or light bulb replaced. I think most of us enjoy working on these things or we wouldn't have them in the first place.

Good luck with your decision.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #23

Deceased wasp in the gas flame exhaust tube... screening on the door louvers solved the problem (used aluminum screening... steel rusted and plastic melted).
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote