Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2021, 07:52 PM   #1

Few issues with brand new camper

Well today I was going over our brand new 2021 212qbw and noticed a few issues. I got them all fixed but just a headache to have to deal with on a new camper. First issue is I noticed the heat vent in our bedroom area wasn’t blowing any air. That was an easy fix the duct came off on the heater got that taken care of. Next issue I noticed is the ac just wasn’t work as well as my previous trailer. So I dropped the white panels down to expose the inside of the unit. I noticed the divider between the fresh air to cooled air had major gaps. So 30 mins and aluminum tape I was able to get that all fixed up. Cools more efficiently and the air coming from the vents have way more pressure. The last issue was the dometic hot water heater wouldn’t work. After testing with my multimeter found the thermal cut off was bad. Bypassed it just confirm and worked as it should. Contacted dometic about that since the unit was only used once during our inspection. Found they have been having a bunch fail do to having to use multiple different suppliers due to Covid and supply shortages. So instead of waiting for them to send me a new one. I just ordered a 4 pack of them off Amazon that will be here tomorrow. Other then those few little things I haven’t noticed anything else wrong. We did add a few things to the trailer. Like a keyless door pad locking battery box 12volt usb outlets by the bed a the foam mattress pad out of our old trailer and that’s bout it for now. Can’t wait to take it out this weekend and give a good shakedown. Since starting July 1st we will be camping every other weekend until Halloween.
dalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #2

Fantastic! It is a bummer to have to fix 'brand new' items. But I'm glad you were able to tackle those things and not have to take it in to a stealership, which would have robbed you of your camping season. Happy Camping!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #3

Super thankful tohave the skills and tools to be able fix most issues. I’ve been turning wrenches for as long as I can remember. Yah the stealership where we purchased from is booking into end of October beginning of November.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #4

One other thing you might check. Open the panel and look at the tub supports, on mine the one on the right wasn't placed right and would slip into the hole where the p-trap is located. I added another 2x4 support.
mharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #5

Actually, it sounds like you’ve been pretty lucky so far. Those are fairly minor fixes. We’ve got the same trailer and you might want to check/fix a couple of other things. Top of the list is the flimsy bed structure, which won’t hold two normal adults for very long without breaking apart. There are lots of threads about how to fix. Also, check your shelves — in the pantry, over the dinette etc as Jayco appears to employ some blind staplers and often the staples don’t fully hit the boards. We learned the hard way with a pantry full of food. Easy to reinforce. While you are checking under the shower pan, make sure your pex fitting connections are snug. We had a leak inside where the shower line is connected. Heck, check all your fittings to faucets as often they are less than tight, too. And be sure to check the bolts under the outside edges of the trailer. Many times the nuts are loose. Nylock nuts or Loctite will fix that.

There will always be some little things that aren’t right — just part of RV ownership. Happy camping!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:59 PM   #6

I’ve been planning on reinforcing the bed. I’m all to aware of weak cabinet shelf’s my old forest driver trailer had 2 collapse on our first trip owning that trailer. I’ve went around and checked all water fittings and drains. I also always carry extra fittings pex pipe pex clamps and pex tool. I also snugged up the drains under the sinks they weren’t as tight as I prefer. My sister in law has a 2020 white hawk and our first trip out last year all together her drains all leaked. So I definitely made sure to check those. Definitely I plan on removing panel and will check everything under the shower that’s the last thing I need to look at.