Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #1

Finally got my Jayco Jayflight 19RD TT back from the local RV dealer

I finally got my Jayco TT back from the local RV dealer. This is after A/C sounded like a gun shot went off in the TT and smoke came out of the wall by the thermostat. After that even the furnace wouldn't run. Keep in mind Jayco has denied warranty service on this unit because I won't drive 450 miles one way to a Jayco dealer. Now the problem. Not the A/C compressor or the circuit board. They were good so not Coleman's problem. Not the furnace, it was OK although the reset button needed to be reset. So why the smoke and loud bang? Bad wiring, bad connectors and poor workmanship on Jayco's part internally in the wall between the A/C, the furnace, and the thermostat. The repair? All of Jayco's internal wall wiring between the A/C, furnace, and Thermostat had to be torn out and replaced. The RV dealer said we were just very lucky that the TT didn't burn to the ground with such poor workmanship on the wiring in the wall. Now I'm wondering what the other wiring in the wall looks like.

Now I am starting to understand why Jayco insists everyone take their RV to a Jayco dealer. These problems can be covered up.

I am going to re-submit the bill to Jayco. Doubt they will pay. I love the trailer but really surprised at how sloppy Jayco workmanship has become.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. In my option demanding you drive 450 miles for warrant work seems very unreasonable. Hopeully the will compesate yoy for the work done.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote