Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #11

I use the firestone airbags I got the deluxe version and They are great. I can adjust while driving which helps.
They inprove the bounce for sure...My truck is 1/2 ton (Silverado)and I added air too improve the factory ride
I hook up the trailer and measure the bumper hight
I then add air to bring it to the starting level this is good if you drive at night as lights stay at factory level
Compresser is nice too fill tires
This is my first trailer and I have ezlift and about 500# hitch wt.

safari97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #12

Thanks for the advice Doug [and everyone], Camping World set me up when I bought the camper. They said it looked fine so I left. It was with a 2in. hitch bar w/ adapter. It was windy that day and I was all over the road on the way home. Later on this fall, I decided to buy the Reese Titan 2.5 in. hitch bar and redo the setup. I had to buy a longer safety chain to accommodate the longer Reese bar. The bigger hitch bar seemed to solidify the the ride, but still had the sag. So- although the camper is covered and in storage, I went over there yesterday and started to try different applications. My hitch head has a toothed washer for pitch adjustment. Taking a copy of your instructions, I raised the ball 2in. and adjusted the ball pitch forward and now have achieved heavenly levelness!! I can't wait to tow it next spring. I'm not bashing Camping World as they have always been helpful. Thanks Doug, U the man, Terry

TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #13

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355460752.339855.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	5891

I've got the Firestone Ride Rites and any issues I had with sag are long gone. I have a 32TSBH and an Equalizer 12k. Had to drop the L-brackets a couple notches to accommodate the lift from the bags, but the results are stellar as you can see The porpoising has also been greatly reduced. I run at 75lbs and the camper is from 9000-10,000 depending on the trip.

John
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
Thanks for the advice Doug [and everyone], Camping World set me up when I bought the camper. They said it looked fine so I left. It was with a 2in. hitch bar w/ adapter. It was windy that day and I was all over the road on the way home. Later on this fall, I decided to buy the Reese Titan 2.5 in. hitch bar and redo the setup. I had to buy a longer safety chain to accommodate the longer Reese bar. The bigger hitch bar seemed to solidify the the ride, but still had the sag. So- although the camper is covered and in storage, I went over there yesterday and started to try different applications. My hitch head has a toothed washer for pitch adjustment. Taking a copy of your instructions, I raised the ball 2in. and adjusted the ball pitch forward and now have achieved heavenly levelness!! I can't wait to tow it next spring. I'm not bashing Camping World as they have always been helpful. Thanks Doug, U the man, Terry
Glad you got it level Terry.
Something just didn't add up.
The instructions are very helpful in understanding the procedure.

Best regards,
Doug

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2017 Jayco 24RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote