Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #1

First camp with the new TT

Our first time camping with the 184BH, 2 dogs and a 6 month old baby! 4 nights with power and water hookup, found out how small the grey water tank really is but there was a sani dump and the park had a little honey wagon they pulled with a golf cart so it was manageable. We used a bed rail slid in the bottom bunk for the baby so he was not going to do a header in the middle of the night and after removing the curtain from the window he was ready for the weekend. The 2 dogs had their blankets on the floor and we had a great time! I don't think we would have had as much fun tenting and are already planning on heading out for another 2 night camp in a couple weeks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000078.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	8127Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000084.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	8128Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100293.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	8129Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100295.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	8130
oobedoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #2

Yup - the tanks are small....we learned to conserve. Thanks for sharing the pictures....good times.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #3

Good set up for the baby!
Nice Canadian flag
The honey wagon is a great idea from the park, I've been wanting to get one but the space in the back of our truck is limited. Never thought about asking the park if they offered one on loan.
https://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #4

I have the exact same camper and we love it. Welcome!

When you take a shower, turn the shower head off when not in use. Lather up then turn back on the water and rinse. I have a tote http://www.amazon.com/Tote-N-Stor-25...s=rv+tote+tank that I use to clean out the grey water. It fits perfectly under the passenger side dinette seat. It has saved my bacon many times. That combined with a 10 aquatainer to refill the fresh water and you are well on your way to improving the only downsides to the camper. There is one thing about the waste tote that I bought. As you know, the camper site pretty low to the ground, so use this, you almost have to put it down the hill from your location. Aside from the one I have fitting perfect under the dinette seat, if look at a low profile one like this one http://www.amazon.com/Barker-Manufac...nk+low+profile. This one would work better, but would not store as well.

By the way, your set up is almost the same as mine. Same Zero gravity chairs, same camper, nearly the same grill!

X

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #5

With the low profile version I wonder if you could strap it to the underside of the TT and not have it inside? I might have to crawl underneath and take a look... This was what the park had actually http://www.amazon.com/Barker-Manufac...sim_sbs_auto_7 and it worked well, I had to put the hose on top of the tote and keep it from falling off when draining into it but it was sure better than having to hook up the trailer and drive it to the dump station!

The bed rail worked better than we had hoped, not knowing how we were going to mount one. In the end it just sits there but has no where to go he won't be able to fall out.
oobedoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #6

The first one that I posted actually has a mount that attaches to the ball of the tow vehicle like the one you posted, it just isn't permanently attached. Being able to fit under the dinette seat is a bonus. It's pretty low to attach something to the bottom, but if you find a way, let us know!

Another bonus about the first one I posted is that it has an attachment that you can connect a garden hose for a more permanent attachment (as long as you weren't doing black water).
X

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #7

Re: First camp with the new TT

Great to see the pics! Glad you had a good time.

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 28bhs.
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Timberghost is offline   Reply With Quote