Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #1

First night in new 32BHDS...couple issues...

After almost a month we finally had a chance to stay in our brand new 2013 32BHDS this past weekend. As we are "green" and this is our first TT, we took our time to try to get to know how everything worked, etc. First thing on my list was installing 2 Maxxair vents which was quite easy other than the wind and non stop rain.

I did find a couple issues:

1. The sound system. When on "A", both the inside and outside speakers work, when on "B" nothing works and when on "C" just the outside speakers work. I guess I will pull the receiver out as there must be something hooked up wrong. Second question...are the speakers on the television supposed to work? The reason I ask this is because they do not, which seems far from ideal since when the television is rotated into the bedroom (and the doors have to be closed) the speakers in the main living area will have to be on.

2. Outside kitchen door latch. It rained all weekend and when I went to show the parents the outside kitchen, water ran out of the front door latch (from the inside) when I opened it up. I read somewhere that this seems to be a common issue...is there a common fix for this?

We will be staying in it again this weekend. I have to say that overall I have been super impressed...it does not feel like you are in a camper at all. It's nicer (and almost as big) as my first apartment lol!
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #2

With a brand new unit, your dealer should fix both of these issues for you at no cost. The speakers on the TV may be able to be turned off/on through the menu on the TV itself. My TV stays in one place, so I turn them off and run the sound through the sound system 24/7. The dealer can probably walk you through that too.

Hope that helps!
Seasonal Site @ Cherry Grove Campground
B4AGPIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #3

Agree with B4agpiper, take it back tot he dealer for all of the repairs on a brand new unit.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #4

The way Jayco had our TV hooked up was through the headphone jack to the stereo. This automatically cut the TV speakers off, but it allowed you to use the TV remote to control the volume. I wanted the option to be able to use the TV speakers and then use the outside speakers for music or whatever. I disconnected the stereo from the headphone jack and hooked it up to the RCA output on the TV, but then I had to use the stereo to control volume. We had to replace our TV last year and I hooked it up the same way, normally we don't mess with turning the TV speakers off, just turn the TV volume low and then adust the volume on the stereo.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Site Team

I think the guy that plugs those components up never does it the same twice. I had to re arrange mine also.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

I contacted the dealer and they gave me the go ahead to attempt to fix it myself. If I can figure out my home theatre setup at home, I am sure I can figure out a TT audio system.
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #7

On your stereo, push the aux button to aux 1 and your overhead speakers will come on when your tv is on
Old 06-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerncanuck View Post
On your stereo, push the aux button to aux 1 and your overhead speakers will come on when your tv is on
That isn't his issue, the stereo speakers are working, but the TV speakers aren't.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Site Team

Sounds like audio cables plugged up wrong on the back. I had a similar problem with video and found a cable un plugged on the back of the stereo.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote