Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2015, 03:28 PM   #21

they have more wiggle room at the local guy than you are getting. I got my local dealer to come down 37% off MSRP and throw in a slide awning for free. I did get show incentives and play hard to get my price but I think you can get your local guy down more than you have so far. Be straight with them and tell them you are looking at the unit elsewhere for the lower price. Don't mention how far away. They will play to get the sale. Thats how we got the price and extra's we did. I'm actually paying less than my RV direct quote so I feel darn good about my deal. I hope you can talk them down a bit more.
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:53 PM   #22

After reading through this thread, I get the idea that if I buy an RV and then move to a different location i will get horrible service. I can say that has not been my history. I bought a used RV from a private source and took it to a local dealer who has treated me with nothing but great service. Is he/she the odd dealer, or, is he just looking at the big picture and hoping next time I buy from him?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:09 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
After reading through this thread, I get the idea that if I buy an RV and then move to a different location i will get horrible service. I can say that has not been my history. I bought a used RV from a private source and took it to a local dealer who has treated me with nothing but great service. Is he/she the odd dealer, or, is he just looking at the big picture and hoping next time I buy from him?

No. If you bought used then you are a cash customer who is very important to any service shop. Where you would run into problems is trying to get a non sale ing dealer to put you ahead of customers who bought from them for warranty work.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:39 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Just remember if you buy from the away dealer the local guy my put you to the back of the line when it comes to service and warranty.. When you add the cost of fuel back and forth and the sway hitch I think the local dealer is giving you a better deal...
I agree that the better deal is the local dealer... 2K miles with the cost of gas at 10MPG means that you will be using 200 gallons of gas.....at least one night in a hotel on the way there and food costs.....then the cost of the WDH and install and you are out money and time....

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #25

try to get the local guy to budge a little more show him the other low quote also get one from RVdirect they probably sell that model to. if you can get them to come closer local is your best bet. like stated before show them the lower quotes but don't let them know they are 1,000 miles away.
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #26

First Purchase - Good Price?

Definitely check rvdirect. My sister in law saved over $2k going thru them. She just got her camper new last month. If it's cheaper when considering all cost i will drive.... Only jayco dealers in md would never touch my camper. The three of them all are related and have horrible service.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #27

Although I did not purchase through RVdirect because of distance I got a local dealer to price match them, salesman told me probably not but stated he would not pass up a potential deal without getting the owner involved. The owner did not even hesitate to match it he just requested I provide him with the price quote (probably to make sure I was not trying to scam him and that is more than fair enough) he compared it to his book (not sure what was in it but assume it was dealer costs). Another local jayco dealer laughed me off their lot when I asked for price match. I started thinking hats off to Jims Trailer Service, and then I asked about hitch works and he was $200 cheaper right off the bat (same hitch) with no negotiating necessary!!!! My last concern was trade in value on a 1993 jayco eagle 10 popup in good condition I was hoping for 750 and they ended up offering 700 sight unseen which I also feel was more than fair. They earned a customer for life. Buying local has its advantages and I was blessed the local dealer went above and beyond. I should take delivery in about 5 weeks and am confident I will not have any unwanted surprises based on my experience with them so far. Once again the dealer was Jim's Trailer Service, Grafton Ohio I highly recommend them. Oh ya and another dealer that offered another brand with same floorplan (primetime i'm sure you can figure out what dealer as there is only one in my area) was extremely rude would not come near the jayflights price and then insisted I pay 2k for dealer prep!!!!!!
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #28

Hey Everyone. Thanks again for the information both here and in private messages. I got another freebie out of them other than the WDH (roof vent covers which obviously aren't a huge savings but I have time to get a few more). We picked out interior colors late Friday and had them order it and should take delivery soon. We should be in Fort Wilderness this coming Spring Break with it.

Being our first RV, for us this was a pretty daunting decision, but exciting. Now to start stacking up on the necessities.
jconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #29

Thumbs up

Congratulations! I think you'll be happy with your decision to buy local!

Happy Camping!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconner View Post
Hey Everyone. Thanks again for the information both here and in private messages. I got another freebie out of them other than the WDH (roof vent covers which obviously aren't a huge savings but I have time to get a few more). We picked out interior colors late Friday and had them order it and should take delivery soon. We should be in Fort Wilderness this coming Spring Break with it.

Being our first RV, for us this was a pretty daunting decision, but exciting. Now to start stacking up on the necessities.
Congrats on your purchase. I would also suggest after you load to go back and have them adjust your WDH as this will change once you put all your "stuff" in it. Do this before your long haul so you are most comfortable and safe for the long haul.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #31

We bought from our local dealer .... again. Congrats on the new trailer.
xtruckerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #32

We took delivery a couple months back and LOVE it. Perfect or the kids too.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:13 AM   #33

Old 05-13-2015, 06:14 AM   #34

My favorite part.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #35

Pictures were not showing up. Sorry!
Attached Thumbnails
029.jpg   030.jpg   047.jpg  
Attached Images