Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2020, 07:25 PM   #1

First time contacting Jayco

Well it was about what I was expecting. I emailed Jayco because the furnace in our 1 month old Eagle 264 bhok does not work anymore. The blower wheel has melted and is missing a bunch of the vanes. They called today. Told me to take it to a dealer 60 miles away that is not open. I told them that I need to use the heat so I removed the part myself and just need the part. They told me that I just voided the warranty on the furnace by working on it myself. Useless. I then asked if they could share with me the paint code on my trailer. Nope. Not up for sharing that either. About what I expected. Useless.
Amocoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amocoharley View Post
Well it was about what I was expecting. I emailed Jayco because the furnace in our 1 month old Eagle 264 bhok does not work anymore. The blower wheel has melted and is missing a bunch of the vanes. They called today. Told me to take it to a dealer 60 miles away that is not open. I told them that I need to use the heat so I removed the part myself and just need the part. They told me that I just voided the warranty on the furnace by working on it myself. Useless. I then asked if they could share with me the paint code on my trailer. Nope. Not up for sharing that either. About what I expected. Useless.
JAYCO doesn't supply the parts for a furnace or any other 3rd party appliance they come directly from the manufacturer. That is where the dealer would get them too. You need to call Atwood or whoever made the furnace. As to voiding the warranty before getting authorization would apply to 99% of any item you buy. Also as has been discussed before they really don't have paint codes. Been that way for years.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:33 PM   #3

right now -good luck chuck- on getting un-covid human on line at jayco---
last week my service center said only one girl answering and without help to go check stock... it was backed up big time.
i need a wheel skirt and i bet it doesn't come for a couple months... which is ok, cause i'll pull it out to go play while they hunt and they can call me when ready.
PATIENCE, weedhopper!
my warranty issues seemed to push thru fastly I'm at 16 days now... better call by Friday, but i have no place to go!!!!!:-((((
Larro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:47 PM   #4
Site Team

If you can identify your furnace brand and model, the wheels are available at almost any RV supply store and even Amazon has them with quick shipping. Since you already have it out, it may make sense to just fix it at this point. You could then deal with the furnace manufacturer for potential warranty reimbursement if you so choose.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #5

if they are useless and you know it why waste all the time? I guess coming on here and bthing makes you feel better and that is okay... but at the end of the day you fix it yourself and just like a truck or a car or a house or a boat whatever you have a "warranty" that is they will fix it when they get to you... IF you bought a $1mm+ coach they would send a mechanic to you.. you seem pretty handy so fix it and move on...

If you buy a trailer now days and expect the lowest bidder stuff to work well you are in for a surprise, just think of it as a government project
or get out your blankies and fire up a fire outside sit around and drink hot toddies

I doubt they are using PPG codes to paint the trailers... my guess is they have 3 colors, no codes and they just mix them up. Paint trailers till they run out then mix some more, maybe change colors, not even cleaning out the mixing station...first trailer tinted gray last trailer bright white.. and everything in between
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
If you can identify your furnace brand and model, the wheels are available at almost any RV supply store and even Amazon has them with quick shipping. Since you already have it out, it may make sense to just fix it at this point. You could then deal with the furnace manufacturer for potential warranty reimbursement if you so choose.
This is the best advice so far. I have done this several times with repairs that should have been covered by warranty. I find it much less stressful and I now the repair is being done right. I very rarely if ever, take anything I own to a repair shop.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote