Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #1

First Trip in Eagle 330 RLTS

We just got back from a week in Destin, Fla. and found some problems with our new Rv. 1-Black Tank leaked at the 2/3rds full mark, 2-Found a drawer in kitchen split out, 3- Found Screws loose on slides on the outside trim and some were missing ,4- Found moisture drops under slideouts, 5-Wife broke a closet slide latch bracket,6-My gutters on both sides have a swags in them which allow water from A/c to fill up gutters and water runs out on slides. Thats the negative now the positve, My dealer assured me he will have all problems fixed and I'll be ready to go again in 4 days. The only thing that has me concerned is the moisture under slides. If there is condensation forming under the slides how would they fix this? My dealer could not answer this for me yet. What does everybody think and has anyone else had this problem?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #2

On my 330rlts the gutters sag directly above the front of the living room slides on both sides. Maybe there is a weak point because the trailer is so long there is not enough support for the large openings on each side.

Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #3

Oh no you guys are scaring me .I had my 330 out just the one time and had the electric stabilizer break on me.My next trip is July1-11.I sold my previous camper from 1999 and really never had any issues any was wishing to maybe get a replacement with few problems,I guess I`ll have to wait and see.I had the slide out covers get slack and collect water but didnt notice the gutters.
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #4

The black tank spayer leaked the first time out. Saturated the insulation in the under belly. Dealer tightened the fitting and replaced the insulation.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
On my 330rlts the gutters sag directly above the front of the living room slides on both sides. Maybe there is a weak point because the trailer is so long there is not enough support for the large openings on each side.
Didn't me to alarm anybody. I'm not new to camping so I new there would be some issues that would have to be worked out. Service manger told me the gutters were a simple issue to fix.
The black water flush is were my black water leaked also. At least when I tried to use it water leaked alot more so I didn't use it after that. Curious, two 330 RLTS leaking at the same spot. One thing I didn't like, I'm a kind of fix it now type and because of the underbelly cover I couldn't get to the fittings to tighten them. Not a major problem but still a little agrivating.
We still had a wounderful time on vacation and the room in the 330RLTS was just unreal. We have two A/C's which in the Florida sun was great, the Rv stayed very comfortable and temps reached almost 100 degrees a couple of days.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaplum View Post
Oh no you guys are scaring me .I had my 330 out just the one time and had the electric stabilizer break on me.My next trip is July1-11.I sold my previous camper from 1999 and really never had any issues any was wishing to maybe get a replacement with few problems,I guess I`ll have to wait and see.I had the slide out covers get slack and collect water but didnt notice the gutters.
On my last camper and on this one the slide awnings always collected water after a rain. Called Camping World one time to see if they could recommend a cure, there solution beach balls under the awnings. After that I never worried about it again, I just tried to make a habit of running my slides in about 3/4 ways after a rain to dump the water.
I still believe we have a great RV in the 330 model.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #7

You are right the room is unreal, I have the 33rlds and we couldn't be more happier. The difference between mine and yours is we don't have the bedroom slide and we have 2 couches instead of the two chairs. The Jayco trailers are so nice and comfy. Ernie
2011 jayco 33rlds, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2008 Suzuki sx-4, hers. Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #8

We also like our trailer. (our 5th rv) We have 2 recliners and one couch instead if two couches.
I know that things need to be addressed when you buy a new rv.
It's just a little irritating to spend that much money and the first trip out have problems because someone at the factory didn't do their job.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 06-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
We also like our trailer. (our 5th rv) We have 2 recliners instead if two couches. I know that things need to be addressed when you buy a new rv.
It's just a little irritating to spend that much money and the first trip out have problems because someone at the factory didn't do their job.
AAAmen
Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaplum View Post

You should be getting a NHTSA recall notice about the stabilizers.

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote