Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #1

First Trip in Eagle 330 RLTS

We just got back from a week in Destin, Fla. and found some problems with our new Rv. 1-Black Tank leaked at the 2/3rds full mark, 2-Found a drawer in kitchen split out, 3- Found Screws loose on slides on the outside trim and some were missing ,4- Found moisture drops under slideouts, 5-Wife broke a closet slide latch bracket,6-My gutters on both sides have a swags in them which allow water from A/c to fill up gutters and water runs out on slides. Thats the negative now the positve, My dealer assured me he will have all problems fixed and I'll be ready to go again in 4 days. The only thing that has me concerned is the moisture under slides. If there is condensation forming under the slides how would they fix this? My dealer could not answer this for me yet. What does everybody think and has anyone else had this problem?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #2

On my 330rlts the gutters sag directly above the front of the living room slides on both sides. Maybe there is a weak point because the trailer is so long there is not enough support for the large openings on each side.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #3

Oh no you guys are scaring me .I had my 330 out just the one time and had the electric stabilizer break on me.My next trip is July1-11.I sold my previous camper from 1999 and really never had any issues any was wishing to maybe get a replacement with few problems,I guess I`ll have to wait and see.I had the slide out covers get slack and collect water but didnt notice the gutters.
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #4

The black tank spayer leaked the first time out. Saturated the insulation in the under belly. Dealer tightened the fitting and replaced the insulation.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
On my 330rlts the gutters sag directly above the front of the living room slides on both sides. Maybe there is a weak point because the trailer is so long there is not enough support for the large openings on each side.
Didn't me to alarm anybody. I'm not new to camping so I new there would be some issues that would have to be worked out. Service manger told me the gutters were a simple issue to fix.
The black water flush is were my black water leaked also. At least when I tried to use it water leaked alot more so I didn't use it after that. Curious, two 330 RLTS leaking at the same spot. One thing I didn't like, I'm a kind of fix it now type and because of the underbelly cover I couldn't get to the fittings to tighten them. Not a major problem but still a little agrivating.
We still had a wounderful time on vacation and the room in the 330RLTS was just unreal. We have two A/C's which in the Florida sun was great, the Rv stayed very comfortable and temps reached almost 100 degrees a couple of days.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaplum View Post
Oh no you guys are scaring me .I had my 330 out just the one time and had the electric stabilizer break on me.My next trip is July1-11.I sold my previous camper from 1999 and really never had any issues any was wishing to maybe get a replacement with few problems,I guess I`ll have to wait and see.I had the slide out covers get slack and collect water but didnt notice the gutters.
On my last camper and on this one the slide awnings always collected water after a rain. Called Camping World one time to see if they could recommend a cure, there solution beach balls under the awnings. After that I never worried about it again, I just tried to make a habit of running my slides in about 3/4 ways after a rain to dump the water.
I still believe we have a great RV in the 330 model.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #7

You are right the room is unreal, I have the 33rlds and we couldn't be more happier. The difference between mine and yours is we don't have the bedroom slide and we have 2 couches instead of the two chairs. The Jayco trailers are so nice and comfy. Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #8

We also like our trailer. (our 5th rv) We have 2 recliners and one couch instead if two couches.
I know that things need to be addressed when you buy a new rv.
It's just a little irritating to spend that much money and the first trip out have problems because someone at the factory didn't do their job.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #9

Quote:
We also like our trailer. (our 5th rv) We have 2 recliners instead if two couches. I know that things need to be addressed when you buy a new rv.
It's just a little irritating to spend that much money and the first trip out have problems because someone at the factory didn't do their job.
AAAmen
Old 06-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #10

Quote:

You should be getting a NHTSA recall notice about the stabilizers.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #11

Quote:
We also like our trailer. (our 5th rv) We have 2 recliners and one couch instead if two couches.
I know that things need to be addressed when you buy a new rv.

Your issues were a lot different than what we had. Hopefully your dealer has shop personal that can fix everything properly. We bought ours in Az and had to stop in Southern Idaho to get things fixed correctly.

Best wishes,
Mike
Old 06-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
You should be getting a NHTSA recall notice about the stabilizers.
I took the stabilizer apart myself instead of going back to dealer just for the inconvience(dealer not close).They thought it was the shear pin on the shaft but that was ok so I then took motor gear shaft apart and found the keyway for gear was toasted(small cheesy)keyway.Called and they said they dont have just the keyway so they sent me another complete motor so were good to go now.
I wanted to go with a fifth wheeler but I bring a golf cart and a boat on rack above golf cart.I like to take some toys when we go camping,with all that in mind the 330 rlts seemed to fit the bill and I loved the layout.I guess I might have run into some issues with new rig but its always nice to hope for the best.I guess I will have to keep a eye on the black water set up next time I use the trailer in a couple of weeks.I only had her out for 2 days so I havent got to really get into using every thing.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #13

The recall is for the small bolts and washers that hold the stabilizer on the trailer. The repair kit is a bunch of bolts and washers.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #14

Quote:
I took the stabilizer apart myself instead of going back to dealer just for the inconvience(dealer not close).They thought it was the shear pin on the shaft but that was ok so I then took motor gear shaft apart and found the keyway for gear was toasted(small cheesy)keyway.Called and they said they dont have just the keyway so they sent me another complete motor so were good to go now.
I wanted to go with a fifth wheeler but I bring a golf cart and a boat on rack above golf cart.I like to take some toys when we go camping,with all that in mind the 330 rlts seemed to fit the bill and I loved the layout.I guess I might have run into some issues with new rig but its always nice to hope for the best.I guess I will have to keep a eye on the black water set up next time I use the trailer in a couple of weeks.I only had her out for 2 days so I havent got to really get into using every thing.
We still have a great RV. I just ran into a few issues that I'm getting corrected. Nothing in my mind, that was not expected and all seem to be minor problems. I'll make sure to let you know how the repairs come out.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #15

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yddad45 View Post
We still have a great RV. I just ran into a few issues that I'm getting corrected. Nothing in my mind, that was not expected and all seem to be minor problems. I'll make sure to let you know how the repairs come out.
Thanks for the reassurance.Im sure it will all work out.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #16

I really like the 330 RLTS floor plan, but it looks like with the slides in, you could not get to the fridge for that all important sandwich on the road. Is it impossible or just a tight squeeze? thanks!
jharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #17

can not get to the fridge without moving door side slideout just a little bit. We have done it on the road for that sandwich.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #18

Thanks! Still a great looking floorplan, and certainly not a deal breaker for me.
jharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #19

The right side slide is the only down side to this trailer. A small price to pay for the large living area. You can get to the bathroom and bedroom with all slides in.
Life in the slow lane is still life.