Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #1

Smile First trip with our new Swift 264BH

As the title says, my DW, our two dogs and I just returned from our first long trip with our new Swift 264BH. We left our home in the Houston, TX area and went up through OK, KS, NB, SD, WY, CO, and NM. We traveled almost 3,400 miles and saw some beautiful scenery - especially in the Black Hills of SD. I highly recommend Mt. Rushmore to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. The trip was totally uneventful as far as the TT goes, and everything worked perfectly. I did have an issue with my TV. The fuel pump went out, and of course that happened in the last place you'd want to have a break down. We were stranded on a narrow mountain road in the Black Hills of SD. I did manage to limp down the mountain and into the town of Custer, SD. I found a shop that could make the repair and the local parts house even had a fuel pump in stock - talk about lucky! After that little episode, we had no more problems thank goodness. We spent a couple of days at the Rafter J Bar Ranch RV Park in Hill City, SD, and I can honestly say that it was one of the best facilities we've ever stayed at.
We're planning our next trip in the spring to the west coast. We plan to do the Pacific Coast Hwy all the way from San Frisco to San Diego with stops in Sedona, AZ and Las Vegas, NV. Can't wait!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #2

It's a shame that A) I never saw the 264BH in my search for an RV because it's perfect for our family and B) that we had a Kia Sedona minivan with a max tow capacity of 3500 lbs, which is probably why I never saw the 264BH.

I now have an 06 expedition, and although I would need to upgrade the radiator and trans cooler, I'd have had plenty of capacity. Maybe we trade in our Jay Feather SLX 16XRB next year!!

Glad you had a great first trip!
billycuth is offline   Reply With Quote