Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #1

Question Flooring cracking problems?

We are looking into purchasing a Whitehawk 28 dsbh. Originally we thought we would buy new from the dealer, but now we are looking a a few private sales that are only a few years old (2013). I have heard that there have been some problems with the linoleum cracking from the freeze/thaw cycle that we get here, and that Jayco changed the way it did its floors because of that. Has anyone had problems like this? Does anyone know what year they changed the way the floors were made? Thanks!
Louise22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #2

Louise.....we live in London, Ont. Our winters are not cold as long as yours are, but we had a brutal cold 2 months last year. Our Jayco is a 2012 Eagle and probably has the old [?] method of putting down the floor. No signs of cracking yet and I don't expect any in the future. Buy yourself a 2012 or '13 without cracks in the linoleum now and I doubt if you'll have problems down the road.

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #3

It was a dealer that mentioned the upgraded flooring when we went to check out trailers. At the time, we were not looking used, so I did not pay close enough attention. we have a friend who has an older JayFllight, and their floor did crack one winter.... So it scared us. I guess we are wondering how widespread the problem really is.

Thanks for your response. We are going to see 2013 tomorrow!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

I purchased a used 2004 29FBS in 2009. When I looked at it, it had cracked linoleum. The seller had it replaced before I bought it, I'm not sure when they changed but I think it was before 2013
big78ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #5

Thanks for the information.

Tags
cracked flooring