Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #1

Flush Floor Slide Out repair/self-repair

I have a 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 28bhbe. We bought it new in August 2015. Recently our slide out failed and wouldn't retract. We were able to manually assist the motor and get it back in after a camping trip.

Once home I recognized that the battery was bad and needed replacement. I read this potentially could have created the issue with the slide not retracting. New battery and now fully charged the slide will only go out 10 inches then it starts to strain on the non-motor side of the slide. Any thoughts as to what the issue could be? Is the motor bad? The rack and pinion seems fine. We have the winterized package so I've had to remove some of the screws holding it down to look inside.

Is 5 years normal for these motors? We use camper about 10x/year. Any thoughts? Any other common issues that I can look at? I called local shop and it will be months before they can look at (Campering World). Any help would be appreciated.
derail412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #2

I have opened access to the motor and actuator. It appears that the actuator is working. However, only the actuator side of the slide is coming out. I have tried manually moving the slide without the motor. I am going to check to see if there is anything blocking the slide, but don't see anything. I have may have to remove the underside see how the whole slide functions.
derail412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flush mount slide out, jay flight, slide mout issues, slide not working