Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #1

Flush question

We are on our 2nd Jayco (Class C and now TT). We have always had the "no poop in the tank" policy. But now we bought a RV lot and will be keeping our TT there half the year. Since the public area is a long ways away we are modifying our policy. So we are newbies at flushing the tank.

My question is water pressure. Since we normally have a pressure reducer on the line and a splitter on the faucet do we run the flush line at full pressure or run it through the pressure reducer?
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
Site Team

Personally I would use the same reduced supply line. Do you know the pressure of the water supply? Many are not excessive but I always use one just in case.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #3

I use the full pressure on the flush line and the regulator on the domestic water. I have a "Y valve" that goes on the faucet with the regulator on one side leading to the camper
The other leg is used to flush and any other things I need a hose for
I don't keep the flush hooked to the camper but leave it coiled at the faucet.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:35 PM   #4

I have found that the unregulated pressure does a better job, but I would be careful if the city supply pressure seems excessive. One possible weak point can be the backflow preventer. Even with a regulator, that can fail and leak. It's not a bad idea to locate it and keep and eye on it. It is usually located somewhere in the bathroom not far from the location of the outside flush connection. In my Eagle TT it was in the bottom of the lavatory sink cabinet. Now on my HT 5'er, it is behind the shower valve and very hard to get to!
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #5
Site Team

There's always the flushing wand down the toilet method, too. That gets all the nooks and crannies of our tank. We use the full water pressure with a separate hose. We have to do it that way, since we don't have a flush fitting on the TT.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:45 AM   #6

I installed an after market tank flush so I am not worried about the in the wall check valve failing. I use full pressure on my tank flush but do sometimes use the wand down the toilet method in addition.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:27 PM   #7

I run anything that goes into the trailer through some type of "safety," whether it be fluid or electrical. In regard to the water line, I don't run anything over 45 lbs into the TT. Early on I found leaks in a few water lines and don't want to chance anything having to do with the black tank. My flush inlet is on one side of the TT and the opening into the tank is on the other.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote