Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2017, 05:33 AM   #1

Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost and White Hawk 24RKS

Hi - I'm new to this forum and am looking at getting a travel trailer compatible with the Ford F150 2.7 Ecoboost. Do you think this is enough truck to tow a Jayco Whitehawk 24RKS? Or should I be looking as something smaller. Thanks for your help!
Bar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:46 AM   #2
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Look at the door jam of the drivers door on the truck. Post the numbers you find there and we can help you determine how much TT you can pull with your truck.

We have a 2012 EcoBoost, it is GREAT for towing... especially in the mountains.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:18 AM   #3

Welcome Bar01
I am towing a Jayflight 24rbs with a 2.7 ecoboost and have no problem. Dry weight is 5400 lbs.
Phil2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:21 AM   #4

As Mustang mentioned you need to tell us the payload capacity of your truck. This will be on a sticker on your drivers side door jamb.
"The weight of all occupants and cargo should not exceed ______lbs" We need that number.

The 24RKS has a GVWR of 6500lbs. Depending on how your truck is configured it should be fine with this trailer. Can you give us the other details of your truck?
2WD vs 4WD
Axle ratio
Crew cab or regular cab
Max tow package

Cheers
Old 05-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have a 2016 2.7 Ecoboost Supercrew Lariat with the 3.55 gearing and tow package (not the max tow package). I looked at the sticker inside the driver door jamb and it says "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 1443 lbs". And then there is another sticker that states GVWR as 6500 LB. What confuses me is when I look on line at Ford F150 specs regarding what this particular truck's GVWR is it says 7300 LB.

Again, thanks for all of your help!
Old 05-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar01 View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. I have a 2016 2.7 Ecoboost Supercrew Lariat with the 3.55 gearing and tow package (not the max tow package). I looked at the sticker inside the driver door jamb and it says "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 1443 lbs". And then there is another sticker that states GVWR as 6500 LB. What confuses me is when I look on line at Ford F150 specs regarding what this particular truck's GVWR is it says 7300 LB.

Again, thanks for all of your help!
Welcome to the group.

The sticker you can trust. That was printed and attached to your truck moments before they delivered it to your dealer, as configured.

The brochure numbers are not tailored to your exact config. For example, had you gone with the 3.73 gears, your tow rating would have been higher. I don't know why your GVWR went down, but it has to be related to your specific build... i.e. max tow / HD packages or lack thereof.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #7

Part of the confusion over the difference between one's F150 being different than another, besides rear gearing is the configuration of the F150. If you have a two-wheel drive SuperCab as opposed to a four-wheel drive, the two-wheel drive will have a higher payload (no transfer case or front differential). If you have a SuperCrew, the payload goes down again.

What will help is to have the MaxTow Package.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:14 AM   #8

Based on what I'm learning here, looks like this particular Jayco is going to be too much camper for my truck. I like the look of the White Hawks and prefer the fiberglass/aluminum over the more traditional stick/tin. Are there any other Jaycos that would be a better fit weight wise for my truck? My main requirements are a regular shower configuration (so NO wet bath) and a queen size bed.

I really want to get a Jayco but wondering if there is something else I should be considering.

Thanks again!
Old 05-05-2017, 05:30 AM   #9

Have you looked at the Jay Feather line? They are aluminum and fiberglass,
but presumably lighter in weight than even the White Hawks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar01 View Post
Based on what I'm learning here, looks like this particular Jayco is going to be too much camper for my truck. I like the look of the White Hawks and prefer the fiberglass/aluminum over the more traditional stick/tin. Are there any other Jaycos that would be a better fit weight wise for my truck? My main requirements are a regular shower configuration (so NO wet bath) and a queen size bed.

I really want to get a Jayco but wondering if there is something else I should be considering.

Thanks again!
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Have you looked at the Jay Feather line? They are aluminum and fiberglass,
but presumably lighter in weight than even the White Hawks.
This is exactly why I went with a JayFeather 7 over something else. While we have an F-150 right now that is more than capable of pulling it, it will be nice in the future to be able to pull it with an Explorer or something similar.
spotdog14 is offline   Reply With Quote