Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #21

yes i have the same concerns and want to be there when they rip it out so i can see whats up and take some pics to show other TT experts or possibly for future litigation
Rockdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
wwsmith111 - my wife and I have discussed this with the dealership and they are willing to spring for that they have even ordered the vinyl for the flooring company to install but they want to finish it off against the wall with molding like in a house sounds good but if you take a really good look inside any camper there are dozens of nooks and crannies and i even have some curved walls i just cant see them doing a great looking job doing all that molding and where its curved they say most likely will just be some silicone caulk sounds like a half baked job to me and my wife is dead set against molding as they have not been able to produce any samples or show us any pictures of previous jobs done like this and she thinks they will do a poor job as with everything else that has been done so far and i cant say as i blame her for thinking that i was hoping others in this forum would have some experience with this matter but from the replies it looks like i have a one of a kind, so i guess i'm strapped onto this disaster for the duration will keep you all posted with the final out come and thanks for all the comments

I really hate to see anybody have to go through things of this nature.
Make sure you take lots of photos and document everything. I can't stress that enough! DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, No matter what they do remember you are the one in charge.
Looks like you spent a ton of money for something brand new and you should not have to accept a new patched up unit.
any deviations from original factory build and design should not be accepted. Again inspect everything and nothing less. You need to take a stand and be completely satisfied even if that means the dealer has to kick back some some money. Personally I'd hold out for areplacement unit unless work is perfect and not noticeable.

I can understand where your wife is concerned. From what you post, yeah, how can you trust work will be correct?
Who knows maybe they'll surprise you in the end and come thru.
Finally you always have the option of filling a complaint with the BBB and or your state consumers protection agency. So document, document, document! Keep us informed.

Best of luck and Happy Camping
dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #23

I just picked up my first TT and am pretty disappointed at the number of long fasteners poking through the cabinetry sides etc.

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #24

I am so sorry to hear this happening. We were in your shoes several years ago. We had a NEW 2011 purchased in 2010. We took it into the dealer for a few warranty issues, one being a slide adjustment. The tech tried to adjust it and it came crashing down gouging the floor in 2 spots about 18 inches long. Ripped flooring down into the plywood flooring. We also had a screw head coming up in the flooring in the bedroom under the bed overhang. Needless to say the whole floor needed replacing. We had no carpet in the bedroom, only the dinette/sofa and chair area.

First off they ordered the wrong flooring we had a 2011 and the dealer never checked when it arrived and Jayco sent flooring for the 2012. Totally different flooring design. So what was in our cabinets and under the bed was different. We waited a long time, 4 months, so they could get a flooring guy to put it in. He never showed and the dealer had a tech do it. Like your wife I didn't want the quarter round the cabinets. I liked the clean look. In hind sight maybe it would have been better. Where we are we have extreme heat, around the cabinets and along the wall the vinyl started curling up by the 1st yr. We took it back to the dealer twice to have it resealed because we would catch our shoes on it.

The dealer also had to rebuild our slide and the facia trim on the slide a few times to get it right, but then we had a leak in the side slide out window. By this time our nerves were frazzled, we lost over 10 months of using it. We were done with this unit and the dealer worked out a deal with us, taking the unit back and us getting a bit larger unit.

It all comes down to how the dealer handles the situation. Ours was not as much a Jayco issue but more caused by the dealer.

I truly wish you luck with your TT.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #25

I would want that hauled by the the factory. I can't tell if its a bolt from the picture. How do you know it's not some debris under the flooring?

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #26

There's been times that I fixed things myself just to keep the dealer from screwing it up and making a bigger mess of things. I wounder where they get their so called tech's ?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #27

eldermike - it may not be a bolt as i can not see it, but there is a heat register in the floor just out of range of the picture so i took the grate out and i used an old school slim jim with a hook on the end i inserted it under the flooring and around the object it is metal and did not budge at all so i know its not loose debris it is firmly attached and if i push around from the top i can feel flat edges in a circle like a bolt head also when we picked up the camper we noticed a small bulge in the floor but couldn't figure it out but after a few uses it popped through the sub flooring and pushed up the vinyl high enough for the slide to wear a hole in it, now i have several more spots that are wearing through in a perfect straight line going the width of the camper like it is following a crossmember and the tech said it looked like a bolt so i go with that till i know different
Old 10-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #28

You did not indicate whether you were returning the TT to Jayco to have repairs made? They have a large factory service repair facility right next to their 5 th wheel assembly plant. If repairs were going to be done, that's where I would be taking it.
reedga1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #29

yes my tt has already been there once since i purchased it in april the dealer wants to install the vinyl and put in moldings but we dont want that, they have even ordered the vinyl and have it at the parts dept. when i told them i didn't want it done that way they didn't say much but they didn't argue about it they estimate 40+ hours of labor and i guess they want the money but i want it sent back to jayco so back there it will go regardless of what they want even if i have to go to jayco and bypass the dealership but i doubt it will go that far as they have been pretty good so far
Old 10-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #30

Hope everything works for you. We are going thru the same nightmare. We have a factory defect that calls for the front cap to be removed and replaced. Jayco says they will take the front off, locate the vender who made the cap havea new one manufactured and reinstall. Not real happy with our NEW camper being disassembled. We know it will never be right. Good luck to you.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #31

Thumbs down

I have a 2010 32RLMS (Mega Slide) doing this as well. It is located to the left of where you stand near the sink, over one of the axels. It started as a small bump and now is at 1/2 inch and ready to break through the flooring. Seeing that this is happening to a lot of other Jayco's and reading the responses tells me, this is my last Jayco. No more for me. This company shows they have poor concern about their products.

32RLSM, problems to include continued to sell and not notify the consumer in a timely manner that they could not install the proper size gray and black tanks, total disregard to the consumer. So small, makes it useless for boondocking. Continued for years not correcting specifications, never followed up with customer to resolve anything with unfactual, inaccurate and wrong specifications information. Mega slide problems, recliner furniture all broke in the same place, bolts through the floor, china bomb tires exploding within 100 miles. NO MORE JAYCO's FOR ME!
Fire_Como is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #32

Wow fire .. one post and that's it I understand frustration but all of the units out there will have some problems
Old 04-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #33

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Fire Como; That's what the whole RV industry is like. Buy a RV and finished yourself. Jayco loves to use coated lock washers and coated standard nuts, it would help if they would use coated locknuts. But you might be worse off with another company.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #34

Any updates on your repairs?
faststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
new to forums, I have a 2015 338rets and there appears to be frame bolts digging their way through the flooring making holes though the vinyl flooring, I took it back to the dealer they said "hmmm we need to call Jayco" so they did and they say the fix is to uninstall All interior walls pull ALL vinyl flooring then pull all sub flooring then come in from the bottom and figure that all out then re-install everything, seems a bit much but glad they are going to fix it. my question is has anybody had / heard of this issue before? now up to 2 bolts all the way through with another 4 making bumps but not poking through yet, all in a straight line going from the fridge across the width of the camper ( not the slides )
Rockdaddy, Have a look at the thread posted 05-11-16, Soft Spots in Floor. We are having an issue with a 2015 Whitehawk 27DSRL, dealer said the repair is the same as yours, rip everything out, fix the floor, replace vinyl and then replace cabinets, etc. Yes Jayco will do it under warranty but this is a major defect and the floor is not as speced by Jayco. We too would like to return it as we feel a little ripped off at the moment.
Simbacat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbacat55 View Post
Rockdaddy, Have a look at the thread posted 05-11-16, Soft Spots in Floor. We are having an issue with a 2015 Whitehawk 27DSRL, dealer said the repair is the same as yours, rip everything out, fix the floor, replace vinyl and then replace cabinets, etc. Yes Jayco will do it under warranty but this is a major defect and the floor is not as speced by Jayco. We too would like to return it as we feel a little ripped off at the moment.
Did you ever determine what kind of floor material you have?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:25 PM   #37

Did not make it the trailer this weekend, will get there next Friday.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Did you ever determine what kind of floor material you have?
Took off the floor vent as you mentioned, it is the laminated foam, not 5/8" thick tongue and groove plywood. Funny how that speci9fication disappeared from Jayco's website 4 days after I had brought this problem up. Good thing I kept a copy.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbacat55 View Post
Took off the floor vent as you mentioned, it is the laminated foam, not 5/8" thick tongue and groove plywood. Funny how that speci9fication disappeared from Jayco's website 4 days after I had brought this problem up. Good thing I kept a copy.

So they are no longer building trailers with the 5/8" tongue and a groove? This was one of the main reasons I went with a Jayco. My current trailer has a laminated foam type floor construction in it and I don't like he flex. I will not accept delivery of the trailer if it is built with the foam type floors
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
So they are no longer building trailers with the 5/8" tongue and a groove? This was one of the main reasons I went with a Jayco. My current trailer has a laminated foam type floor construction in it and I don't like he flex. I will not accept delivery of the trailer if it is built with the foam type floors
No worries, the Jayflight has the 5/8 plywood floor. Mine is still rock solid after 6+ years.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote