Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #1

Fresh Water Pump and Drain Levers Location

I am a newbie. I have a 2006 Jayco Feather Ultralite Model 29Y that is in very good condition. This is my first camper and well pleased with it except when I bought it from a friend's estate the fresh water tank was full. I found the low drain, turned the lever to open but no water came out. Is there an in line lever to open the line down to the low drain opening? Also, I have read the manual but still can't find the fresh water pump. Any advice would be appreciated.
MtnAppraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #2

Not certain about your Jayco Feather Ultralite Model 29Y but, are you sure the fresh water tank is full? The indicator lights can be misleading. Also, you should be able to track down the pump by listening for it. Probably going to have to remove a panel once your "ear" has found it.
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #3

The tank should have a drain on it to drain the tank. The low port drain just drains the lines, water heater ,ect and not the holding tank.
albirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:01 AM   #4

X2

I have low port drains that are in the back of the camper and come down from a red and blue pex lines (probably different for 2006). However, I then have to fresh water tank valves that are white to drain the fresh water tank. Those are located toward the middle of the camper just in front of the axles.

2019 RAM Big Horn 1500 5.7 Hemi

2019 Jayflight 28BHS - SOLD
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crew Max -Retired
SE Michigan
justlb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

Make sure dirt robbers or something haven't clogged the pipe for the drain
Old 08-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #6

Congratulations on the new TT. I am not familiar with your particular TT. You can have two different sets of FW drains. One set (Hot water and cold water) pipe drains. They are usually a simple Tee handled device, and you need to pull up on them, not twist. The FW tank drain is usually outside under the TT. The OEM drain looks something like this. The plastic is known to deteriorate and the hand will break off, so it may have been replaced. Most often the valve is located under the TT, attached to the chassis. I have seen them mounted to the side of the TT also if the tank is above the floor, say under the bed, or bench.

As for the pump location. The best way to find it is to turn it on and listen for it. They are always hidden. Most of the time they are right next to or above the tank. So look for the gravity fill port (out side of the TT) and then look inside the trailer near that spot, both sides of the TT in that area. Usually there is a false panel, it is hiding behind. In a New TT, you need a #2 Square drive screw driver to get to it. You need to remove a bench seat plywood top, or there is a cabinet door that is screw shut, maybe you can open the cabinet door, but there is a false panel behind the door. Best thing to do is listen for the pump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FW Tank Drain.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	52701

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote