Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #11

Interesting point, thanks. Will ask about that.

I am so pissed about this. I just want to tow it back down to BC and tell them to give me a new trailer because I worry that I will never feel truly comfortable that we won't have some problem stemming from this later on.

2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:25 AM   #12

I did my PDI recently and they never filled the fresh water tank.....

All of this does not add up.....to winterize a trailer you drain the water out of the tanks before adding water to the lines. I would have the dealer you are taking the trailer to to inspect all lines to be sure that there was no other damage...I would also be there while they did so.

Good luck!

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #13

This wasn't the PDI when we picked up the trailer, its the PDI the dealership does when they receive it from the manufacturer, which was several months before we bought it.

I appreciate your comment about being there when they check the lines, but it is not the dealership we bought from that is doing the work. So the local dealer has no vested interest in hiding anything from us cause its the dealership we bought from that will be footing the bill for any damage.
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
This wasn't the PDI when we picked up the trailer, its the PDI the dealership does when they receive it from the manufacturer, which was several months before we bought it.

I appreciate your comment about being there when they check the lines, but it is not the dealership we bought from that is doing the work. So the local dealer has no vested interest in hiding anything from us cause its the dealership we bought from that will be footing the bill for any damage.
My point about winterizing the unit still stands....you drain the tanks....and then lines and put antifreeze in the lines.

You stated that you did not know if you would ever feel comfortable because of this incident.....hence why I suggested that you be there when the do the work and check out everything.....peace of mind that you are looking for.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #15

Our dealership also filled the fresh water tank... we haven't dumped it out yet but are pretty sure it's been like that for quite a while as well.
kodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #16

Yes, I'd probably try to get a new tank. Seems that had to weaken a seam somewhere so that eventually you'd likely hear a big 'whoosh' and find your tank split open.

sirrealone is offline   Reply With Quote