Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #1

Fresh water tank location?

Anyone know where the fresh water tank is located on 07 314bhds? Before axle? After or centered over axle. The reason i ask is heading to San antonio for dove season in two weeks and the farm i keep the camper on only has well water. I have hooked up to it in years past but man it stinks. I think this year i will just fill my tanks at the house before i leave. I will be towing a heavy load camper plus my polaris ranger behind that, so i will be loaded down. I have towed it like that the last two years with no problems. But if the tank is located behind the axles then it might throw off my tongue weight. Would be nice to be able to carry the water and not smell of rust when you take a shower. Lol thanks
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #2

I have not seen your rig. But is should be easy to locate. I would look under the rig and see where your fresh water tank drain is located. Then follow the hose back. There is a good chance you will see the tank under the belly and it is between the axles. If not, look to see where the hose/pipe goes through the floor. Most likely it is right above that location. Go into the rig and confirm the tanks location, you may have to remove a screw or two to get into the cabinet. If you have an insulated floor, the tank might be between the floor and the underbelly skin. Which will make it a little harder to confirm.

If you do not see it, then look on the outside of the trailer for your fresh water tank fill tube (not the city water hookup, but the other port). Go to the inside of the trailer to the corresponding location and look in the bottom of the cabinet where that port enters the trailer. You should find your water pump. Follow the hose from the inlet side of the pump back to the tank. I have yet to see a pump more than 1 or 2 feet from the tank.

In my case, my tank is between the axles under the floor. The pump is inside, directly over the tank, and directly under the fresh water fill port.

I hope this helps

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #3

If your tanks are not concealed by an enclosed underbelly, just have a look under the trailer. The black and gray water tanks are made of black ABS plastic and the fresh water tank is made of white polysomethingorother.

As jaygiven said, you can look below the pump from the inside. My 23B has about a 4" square hole cut in the floor for the fill hose and suction tube to go through. On a bright sunny day you can see light shining through the tank and up the hole.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Thank you! Will look to find. It does have the under belly on it so you cant see any tanks from there. Will look on inside good info thanks again.
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

Some TTs, do have the fresh water tank under the bed or under a couch, just another place to look.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote