Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

Fridge dead

Hi all. Pulled my 2018 24RBSW out of storage to get ready to head out of town to go work for a couple weeks. Everything went smoothly except for the fridge. It is a Norcold N8X. Instead of a green light I’m getting a flashing red light(10 times). Since the unit is only a year old I am assuming it is under warranty. I have an appt with the Jayco dealer in town where I live( but not where I bought it, we couldn’t come to an agreement on price). I’m a little uneasy as when the service manager booked me in, he mentioned that it won’t necessarily be under warranty, it will depend on what Jayco has to say about it. Anybody else have any problem with Jayco not honouring their 2 year warranty? I’m not sure if the guy said that because we never bought the trailer there, or if Jayco has been the problem. Thanks in advance for your replies.
ux4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #2

I haven’t had any specific experience with a fridge but I’m guessing Jayco will tell you to take it up with Norcold.
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #3

If your unit is less than 2 yrs old it will be under warranty, any service manager that makes that comment is an idiot.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #4

I always start with an e-mail to Jayco warranty to get it on record with Jayco before calling anyone else. Then there is no question whether Jayco has been notified, and you have a documented trail.
Ram Laramie 3500, asin, 4x4, DRW 4:10.
2018 NORTH POINT 315, 8K Axles,disk brakes and 17.5"
WayneTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #5

Your factory Jayco warranty should and will cover it. Failing that, speak directly with Jayco and they will take care of it. Failing that, you can call Norcold directly and speak with someone there; I had a fridge problem occur outside of any warranty and after a bit of sweet talking they shipped me the replacement part free of charge. In summary, someone will fix this for you!

Tags
fridge not working