Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2021, 07:21 AM   #1

Fridge Fuse

I have a 2019 Jacyo travel trailer fridge keeps blowing fuses outside in little box anyone else have an issue? Of course it's been doing since we bought and dealers are a joke.
gmlcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #2

Always a good idea to put your exact make, model and year of your RV in your signature or question plus the model number, brand, etc. of the item your question is about.
I would look at the possibility of a wiring problem. Loose or corroded ground, fuse slot, poorly made wiring but most importantly look for an wire that has rubbed against something to expose the wire. Also, just cause it happened to me in a house check for screws and staple going through the power wire.

It could be the wire is just to small for the demand and needs a bigger wire. Also, the ends may have been attached with only part of the wires actually connected at one of the ends. My ground wires at the fuse box were just laying in the slots and never tightened down at the factory.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #3

Welcome aboard!

X2 which model TT do you have? Are you talking about a small dorm frig in the outside kitchen? Or the main RV dual fuel frig with the outside service access panels?

I suspect you are talking about the main RV frig, with the the lower and upper vents/service panels. Is the fuse the very small one integrated in the control panel? If I recall correctly it is 2 amp fuse. I have never heard of the small micro fuses blowing on the control panel.

I suspect you are getting close to the end of your warranty period. Jayco really only wants to work with the Dealers. If the dealership is really bad, this is what I would do. Write down when it has been in to be serviced. Can you document how often it has blown the fuse? Next contact Jayco (you will need to provide your vin #), and ask for pre authorization to have a mobile service or an independent service company look at/repair the unit. Next I would contact the refrigerator manufacture, and speak with one of their technicians. They might cover it under their warranty. Might even send you a new control board.

Good Luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote