Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #1

from 30bhs to 32 bhds

The wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a new trailer. We purchased a 30bhs that sept., a 2009 that was still on the lot. We got a very good deal ($16,000) and are very happy with the quality of the unit. It was our 1st trailer and we didn't really know what we would like or dislike as time went on. Weve found that we need a larger bathroom and more space in the trailer overall. The 32 bhds is what we really want. More space, larger bathroom and that great slideout in the 2nd bedrrom. Does anyone else have a 32bhds? Any likes/dislikes? Thanks.
rnjroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #2

We have the 324bhds and love most everything about it except the master bedroom has zero room for anything but sleeping. I dont like the swivel TV...having to share the TV between bedroom and living area. We are in the process of going back to a fifth wheel.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #3

LOL... my Dad warned me about this... He called it twofootitis.

It's a contagious disease known to affect boaters and RV'ers, particularly men!

Once you have a unit/boat for awhile, you find you need just 'two more feet'.

Before you know it, you're hauling a 45 foot rv with a Jacuzzi in the back!

All kidding aside, if you can do it, go for it! Be happy!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #4

Smile

We have the 32BHDS, we upgraded from the 27BH. We have used it for 3 trips so far. We love the kids having their own room. The outside door to the bathroom is great, it cuts down on tracking dirt in the TT. I wish we had more room at the foot of the bed in our room. I also wish they made an awning that covered both doors.
This was our first new TT and we ordered all the options except the BBQ. The slide out bike rack works well, so far we have only carried 2 bikes on it but it can hold more. The grey tank handle is a little hard to reach with the main slide extended so I use an awning hook to reach it. I wish there was a work light on the front as well as in the front storage area. Some have complained that the thermostat reads a little off since it is mounted on the wall where the hot water heater is stored.
When we were shopping we saw this model and ordered it in December. It was delivered in February and Jayco made a couple of small changes that were nice. One change was a slightly different tint to the cabinets, they are lighter than the one on the showroom. Another change was they made the entertainment center not as deep allowing a little more room at the foot of the queen bed. I can actually squeeze through there where the one on the showroom floor had much less space.
If you want any other information just PM me.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #5

"twofootitis" That's great! lol I think we all have it. Just went from 27 feet to 31 feet. But hey, I had the 27 footer for ten years so I think we were overdue! lol

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #6

We've had a 32BHDS for a couple of years and love it. I'm fairly tall (6'1") and can fit in the bed OK, but about 6-12" inches would be nice.

The grey tank can be a pain, but isn't too bad. There was one time where there was a slight hill that made it very tough to get under the slide, but that was overcome with a pole and a little rope - I made an "extension" and haven't needed it since.

All in all a very well thought out TT.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #7

Camped alot more in my 32bhds since I last posted in this thread. i did some mods to help with some of my earlier complaints. i had some lights placed in the front storage area, and under the TT near the grey water dump handle. I have carried 3 bikes on the bike tray.

I saw a mod where a guy placed a 32" tv in the entertainment center after removing one of the side storage cabinets. He then placed the 22" tv on a mount in the front bedroom.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote