Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #1

Front cap Fade

I have a 2013 Jayco Eagle, the brown front cap has started to fade spite my washing and waxing. I have made this known to Albany RV. The two service advisors Derek And Nick(last names with held) are no longer working with Albany RV. Then they start your warranty from purchase date not delivery even though you don't get the unit for like six months. This is a know issue with the front caps and Jayco said they would only cover half of min Then try to get Albany RV to contact you back is like pulling teeth. I feel Jayco should cover the whole cost especially since this is a known problem. Any advice out there

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Team

If the TT is under warranty, Jayco cares for the entire fix. They either authorize the dealer/service to sand down the Gel Coat to fiberglass and repaint, or they will send the dealer/service a new front cap. Personally, I would opt for the sanding/painting, because the new cap will probably be dark brown again and start fading.

Ours was done a few months before the 2 year warranty expired. We opted for the dealer to paint the cap the same color as the TT side. The interior of the TT is a lot cooler now.

Don

There are a few LARGE posts regarding the fading front caps if you are interested in reading them use the above search feature.
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #3

I keep calling Albany RV , Steve is the service manager there. I am not getting any calls back. I have made them aware of my front cap fading and apparently the two previous employees never contacted Jayco. They need to call Jayco and get this resolved. But know one answers the phone there. The rest of my trailer looks like brand new. Inside and out. Don't know what to do.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #4

Have you called the customer service # off Jayco's website? I'm way out of warranty, 2013 unit, but they would have covered it if we weren't second owners. I called them two weeks ago to complain about the fade issue.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

Why are you waiting for a call back. I would be camping out at their front door at opening time tomorrow. My message would be short and sweet and delivered to the manager/owner of the dealership. The failure of a call back is unacceptable and should not be tolerated. Assuming they are in fact still in business, a direct face to face is long overdue. Kick this thing up a notch and if they balk get names and make sure they understand that your next call will be to Jayco to report the dealership. You might want to make the call and hand the phone to the owner with you sitting there.

Seriously people are way to passive when requesting warrantee repairs.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 AM   #6

I did contact Jayco, They are only willing to cover half the cost of the front cap painting. The two employees at Albany RV I have spoke to about my issues no longer work there. This is a known issue with the front cap fade. Jayco needs to step up and do the right thing. I also need Albany RV to contact Jayco and do the right thing and get this covered fully. I will be going to the dealer ship soon it is like an hour from my house and I am busy with work.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 08-16-2016, 09:04 AM   #7

My 2013 266RKS has not yet faded but it now sits outside in full sun. I would like to do something to prevent the front cap from fading. Does anyone know if having a paint shop spray the cap with a clear coat would prevent fading?
Gtoglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:15 AM   #8

My front cap is fading as well. But most likely, will be a cash deal. I bought the TT used. Jayco needs to step up and make things right. Or, cover paint issues for additional years. JMO
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtoglenn View Post
My 2013 266RKS has not yet faded but it now sits outside in full sun. I would like to do something to prevent the front cap from fading. Does anyone know if having a paint shop spray the cap with a clear coat would prevent fading?
When I took our TT in I asked them about preventive maintenance... There is no preventive maintenance for the Dark Cap fading... it will happen sooner or later.

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
fjd

We had the dark faded cap after a year of purchase. We luckily were just within the 2 year warranty before i found out it was a jayco paint issue. The factory paint didnt have uv stabilizer added. Jayco covered the cost to have the front cap stripped and repainted in a light cream color to match the sides. It came out bettsr than the original paint and the lighter color keeps the bedroom so much cooler. They stood behind their product amd i would biy another jayco becsuse of the great service.

I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution. It was very frustrating having the unit fade in a year.
Attached Thumbnails
20160305_120107.jpg  
fjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
Then they start your warranty from purchase date not delivery even though you don't get the unit for like six months.
That must be a dealer policy. I bought my trailer at the end of January, but the 2 year warranty didn't start until delivery in the middle of April.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donedroolin View Post
I have a 2013 Jayco Eagle, Then they start your warranty from purchase date not delivery even though you don't get the unit for like six months. . Any advice out there
My advice is STOP being so gullible. Look on the paperwork you received when you took possession of the RV. If you purchased it from a dealer, it will document the date the unit was put into service. That date, not the date you place an order, is the start date for the warrantee period.

Two service guys you talked are no longer with the dealer?? So what?? Your claim is against the dealer and ultimately with Jayco. Worse case is you have to start over with the owner to press your claim. There should be documentation of your original claim, if not, they were blowing smoke in your direction from the very beginning.

Go to the dealership and meet with the owner. If they refuse or you don't get satisfaction, make sure they understand they will be reported to the BBB, Jayco, and the State's attorney Generals office as I suspect this is not the first time they have dodged a warrantee claim.

Why did Jayco say they would only cover half the cost? I had the front cap on my 2014 repainted 100% under warrantee. The dealership actually took it to a nearby auto paint shop for the paint job and then applied the new decals. The coverage for this problem is well documented. If they are only willing to cover 1/2 $$$ on your unit, there has to be a reason.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote