Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #1

Front power jack keeps blowing 30 amp fuse at the battery ?

Not sure what's causing this? Checked for shorts but don't see anything. Was working fine. This just started. Any ideas ?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #2

There are several forum discussions regarding this issue. The same thing happened to my camper. According the Jayco service rep, if you raise the jack all the way to the top, it will blow a fuse. Apparently its a safety mechanism. It states very clearly on my electric jack on a white band around the jack post not to raise the jack past a certain point. Naturally, I ignored this warning and blew four fuses.

I was trying to raise the trailer hitch too high and it hit the "blow fuse zone". So to resolve this issue, I will always use a couple of strong blocks/bricks under the jack to make sure that I can raise the trailer hitch high enough without hitting the "blow fuse zone".
Texas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Check the bolts that mount the jack are tight. The jack gets ground through a good tight connection. If not tight the jack may draw excessive amps and blow the fuse.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #4

Just a +1 to Texas Camper. I kept blowing it as well as I thought when it was hooked up I should pull the jack all the way in, which blew the fuse. Between that and hitting it the wrong way to start out with it all the way pulled in I went through a dozen and a trip to the dealer before getting a auto resetting fuse and leaving the jack out a hair so there's room to help me get it right.

Retired: 2014 X23B
mitechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #5

Mine did this the first day I got it home. Free wheeling it was fine but any pressure it would pop the fuse. Weird thing it worked fine when the trailer was plugged in.

I took it back to the dealer and they ordered a replacement jack. After they replaced I went by an auto parts store and got a 30 amp circuit breaker and replaced the fuse.

I haven't had a problem since.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote