Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #1

Front Wardrobe Organization

I have a Jay Flight 27BHS, which has the master bed in the front with the wardrobes on each side and the over head cabinets across the top.

The wardrobes are very spacious and deep, but they are oddly shaped due to the outside shape of the TT. I want to do something to make the space easier to use and be organized.

Does anyone have tips or pictures on what worked well for them in those spaces?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #2

Interested myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakeras View Post
I have a Jay Flight 27BHS, which has the master bed in the front with the wardrobes on each side and the over head cabinets across the top.

The wardrobes are very spacious and deep, but they are oddly shaped due to the outside shape of the TT. I want to do something to make the space easier to use and be organized.

Does anyone have tips or pictures on what worked well for them in those spaces?

Thanks.
Looking for something also, have a 27RLS
UpNorthMGOBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #3

I bought these drawers to use to store smaller items like underwear, socks, etc. Still leaves a bit of room on the side to hang a few items.
Attached Thumbnails
13217335_10153582299878202_7669552740376337421_o.jpg  
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:31 PM   #4

I put shelves in my wardrobe because I rarely need space to hang clothes. We travel about half the year, and I wear jeans 179 of those 180 days. I put "over flow" clothes towards the rear of the shelf and what I use daily towards the front. Since the shelves are almost 30" deep I can also use that for other items I only use once in a while, I did add a pull out drawer in the bottom which I made full depth. I store lots of "junk" in there. Batteries, stapler, paper clips, envelopes etc . Works for me. I also put a shelf across the short cabinet above the bed and I'm in the process of making a door to access the center portion. We divide the upper cabinet space, I get one door width wife gets two door widths, and part of my one door. My T shirts and jeans don't take up much space.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
I bought these drawers to use to store smaller items like underwear, socks, etc. Still leaves a bit of room on the side to hang a few items.

That looks like a quick an easy way to deal with the space.

Seeing this reminds me of the issue I am having with ours... and what most others may also soon have, but maybe dont know it yet. The base of those cabinets (at least in our particular trailer) is that really thin (maybe 1/8" thick) material that is stapled to the BOTTOM side of the cabinet. Some of the staples nearly missed the paneling all together, or blew right through it because it is so thin to begin with and/or they were running too much air pressure in their staple gun that day. On our first trip with the trailer I found our clothes in one of the cabinets had pushed the paneling right down from the bottom of the cabinet.

I am either going to secure that piece of paneling properly or add another piece below it that is thicker.

I would check out how yours is put together before you store too much weight on the base of it.

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #6

We hang clothes in those wardrobes, and put a woven basket in the space *under* the wardrobe - use the baskets to store undies, socks, etc. Works out great. Shelf above the bed is where we stack jeans, sweatshirts, etc.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
We hang clothes in those wardrobes, and put a woven basket in the space *under* the wardrobe - use the baskets to store undies, socks, etc. Works out great. Shelf above the bed is where we stack jeans, sweatshirts, etc.

I like the idea of a basket. I think my DW will too. That would seem to make the depth of the space more accessible and usable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #8

DW's idea.

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote