Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2019, 05:34 AM   #1

Front window leaking when driving in rain

Anyone else deal with this?

I’m talking about the window you see right at the front of the trailer, above the tongue, the one that has a flap on it that says Jayco that you prop up to see out of the window when parked, it’s what you see in your rear mirror when towing.

When towing in the rain, we’ll notice that the front of the bed will be wet. We had some dude come out to ... we’ll he was supposed to pop the window out and reseal it, but instead he just caulked around it with silicone. It’s a little better now, but will still get a little wet. If we’re parked and it rains, it’s not an issue, just when moving.

I noticed he caulked the gap where the aluminum siding overlaps. There’s an overlap a little lower where he didn’t caulk. I’m thinking if I caulk that, it might help, as it may be rain being pushed up through that gap.

Thanks
Skwidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:59 AM   #2

The same thing happens when I drive in the rain, noticed it on a long trip 2 weeks ago. We have a 2020 174bh... I’m wondering what other people’s fix’s are. I was thinking of going back to the dealer but I have no faith in my local dealer in actually fixing problems.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #3

I would recommend inspection of all seams on roof as well as on the front. Then, yes, remove window and replace the seal and then caulk. I would not let it go, water will not be your friend.

When I performed my maintenance last year I covered all seams with Eternabond tape.
Equalizer 14,000 lb hitch with 12,000 lb ball and arms (sold)
sugarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:01 AM   #4

I think that is why they got rid of front windows years ago.

Water will do a lot of damage, so get it fixed asap.

I would agree, that the best repair is to remove the window, and have it reinstalled.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #5

Do not use silicone caulk use a product like Silkaflex I would remove the window and clean the area use some new window seal I hear people call it monkey poo then caulk it. The marker lights need same treatment and have used sealer around lens before screwed down
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote