Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #1

Furion tv/stereo 2016 32tsbh

Wondering if it is possible to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth to the stereo and from stereo to the tv to play Internet video. Not a big deal when camping as we sown most of our time outside but would like the baby to spend some inside time during the day when it's really hot. Just wanting to put something on for him to enjoy.
BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:35 AM   #2

I don't know of anyway to stream video from a device to the TV. Audio is easy.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #3

Apple TV works great. Just need a wifi connection. I use the wifi hotspot on my Iphone when there is no wifi available at the campground. I use Amazon Prime quite a bit but I can stream other things as well due to my at home DirecTV subscription.

And I have my TV audio hooked up to the Furion to take care of the audio.

2016 Whitehawk 28 DSBH
2013 F150 5.0
Truly blessed and HIGHLY favored
Campbellizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #4

Similar setup, I use a Roku 3 to screen mirror from a Galaxy S5. Works well for streaming netflix etc or for playing offline files. Local wifi generated through RavPower for sharing with the kids' devices.

n00b - 2017 32TSBH - loving it so far
vr6typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #5

Short answer, no. The Furrion won't do the video, just audio via Bluetooth.
Like the others, I installed a streaming media player and connect via hotspot.

Read About My Camping World Nightmare
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #6

Do a google search for HDMI Phone to TV Cable and your phone model. I found one for mine and bought it on Amazon, it works great! (in the house, haven't tried it out in the camper yet I admit, but I plan to!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know there is some kind of HDMI for iPhone because Technomadia uses it.

If you can connect the phone to TV via HDMI, then you'd use the TV's connection to the stereo using AV input? Or whatever stereo input you use to watch Antenna or Cable TV? I do notice on the back of our TV in our camper there are stereo cords that are from the "audio out" going presumably to the stereo "audio in".

Haha, I'll have to go try that out now that I think about it. I too would like to stream Netflix from the phone to the TV so we can use the "Binge On" features of our data plan.
LandTAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #7

Okay, tested it out, and YES it works! My Furion tv has 3 HDMI outlets, one on the back, and 2 more located on the left side. I plug into one of those HDMI outlets, then plug the cord into my phone (I also have to plug an additional cord into my charging USB thingy for power, it charges my phone while it is running the HDMI to the tv). You then have to select the proper tv input for whatever HDMI outlet you are going to use, and you can then stream whatever is on your phone onto your tv. To get more sound from the sound system in the camper you just need to select "AV" like you would to watch antenna or cable tv from inside the camper. It works! Yay 8)
Old 09-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #8

This is awesome feature for those that have the T-Moble "binge on" to stream video and music.....

We don't have T-Moble, what we are going to do when we hit the road is get a data plan from Millenicom and they ALSO have a feature that allows unlimited movies and music!

Unlimited Movies – Millenicom
Unlimited Music – Millenicom

The only thing is you have to use the appropriate "app" for each service you'd like to view/listen to... not your internet browser. So really using a tablet or phone is better for viewing with Millenicom, but who wants to watch a movie on a small screen like your phone? No, it's much better to view it from the television! Much better

Happy Trails!
-Tracy
Old 01-08-2021, 03:26 PM   #9

Have a Furrion TV (Not smart TV but does have HDMI ports). I want to steam Netflix and HBOMax from Samsung S10 (android). Has anyone done that and how? Thanks!
Ranger354 is offline   Reply With Quote