Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #41

This isn't right. I purchased the thermal package expecting to have heated tanks as advertised. What I purchased was just an expensive "thermal package" sticker. I feel that Jayco should not have offered this package on models that do not have ducted heat throughout the rv. Jayco owes me a refund! As it turns out, Jayco has finally come clean on the 2018 brochures and added the exception on certain models.
Peter Soares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:14 PM   #42

Looking at the 2016-2018 specs all it says is Thermal Package Includes: Insulated, Heated, & Enclosed Underbelly. It doesn't say anything about ducted. If the furnace is right over the tanks that should supply just as much heat as any duct.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Looking at the 2016-2018 specs all it says is Thermal Package Includes: Insulated, Heated, & Enclosed Underbelly. It doesn't say anything about ducted. If the furnace is right over the tanks that should supply just as much heat as any duct.
There are only 2 ducts coming from the furnace. There is no heat directed to the underbelly as advertised. I am more upset about being misled than wasting my money.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #44

So I take it you have not removed the mounting screws to look under the furnace to confirm weather the furnace is blowing heat out the bottom of the furnace through a hole in the floor. If you don't see any holes then you should complain to Jayco along with pictures. I don't see anywhere that Jayco said your Thermal Package was ducted, all it says is heated. Sometimes you have to take matters in your own hands and look deeper into the problem, all I see is complaints but it seems you have not looked which is very easy to do.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:34 AM   #45

I just looked at the 2016 Brochure and the 2017 Brochure.

The 2017 Brochure says, "Thermal Package - Insulated, heated (n/a on 23RB and 26BH and enclosed underbelly, and 2 sided reflective foil insulation in main roof and slideout floors."

The 2016 Brochure is exactly the same except the "n/a on 23RB and 26BH" is not included.

This would indicate either in 2016 it was available on the 23RB and 26BH, or it wasn't and Jayco failed to spell it out.

Between the 2016 and 2016 brochures, all other Jay Flights should have ducted, heated underbelly available as an option.

I should point out that neither the 23RB or 26BH has a slideout.

Neither the 2016 or 2017 brochures list a Thermal Package available for any SLX 8 foot models, only simply a enclosed underbelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:10 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Soares View Post
There are only 2 ducts coming from the furnace. There is no heat directed to the underbelly as advertised. I am more upset about being misled than wasting my money.
So I assume you lifted the furnace and verified there's no direct output from the bottom of the unit?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #47

furnace duct to floor

have new jayco eagle. if you remove the registers from the floor and take a mirror and look back into the duct line that runs under the floor you will notice that they have punched about 4 2" holes in the bottom of the duct to heat the underbelly.
dave1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1948 View Post
have new jayco eagle. if you remove the registers from the floor and take a mirror and look back into the duct line that runs under the floor you will notice that they have punched about 4 2" holes in the bottom of the duct to heat the underbelly.
But the OP as no floor registers or ducts in his unit.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #49

Confirmed

Have confirmed there is no ducting into floor.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:20 PM   #50

Thanks for confirming that fact. It's too bad, but that's the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
Have confirmed there is no ducting into floor.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Thanks for confirming that fact. It's too bad, but that's the way it is.
Disappointing!
Old 01-18-2018, 06:44 AM   #52

Tend to agree.

On my 23RB and on the 24RBS and the 26BH, Jayco put the furnace under the sofa, and then ran about 1.5 foot duct to the bedroom, and the same to the main living/galley area.

It's a shame they could run a third duct down into the floor. That's where the fresh water tanks are, in any case, over and just forward of the axles. I would think warmish air would filter through the underbelly to the waste tanks in the rear.

Quote:
Disappointing!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #53

I have the thermal package in my 38 FDDS. I have 3 heat registers in the floor, 2 in main living area and 1 in the bedroom. It also has a heat vent located in the wall of the bathroom.
Now you've got me curious as to whether or not there are ducts to the underbelly. I'll have to take a look when I open the rig for the season.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Tend to agree.

On my 23RB and on the 24RBS and the 26BH, Jayco put the furnace under the sofa, and then ran about 1.5 foot duct to the bedroom, and the same to the main living/galley area.

It's a shame they could run a third duct down into the floor. That's where the fresh water tanks are, in any case, over and just forward of the axles. I would think warmish air would filter through the underbelly to the waste tanks in the rear.
That makes sense, simple enough and Jayco should have done that.
I have emailed Jayco "customer service" and they refuse to acknowledge the fact that heated air is not directed to the underbelly. They insist that I should take the trailer to the dealer and they can explain how it works.
Insulting if you ask me.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #55

Not sure why "customer service" will not give an answer. Seems silly. I do know the brochure for 2017 clearly states there is no hot air duct to the underbelly for the 23RB and 26BH.

Quote:
That makes sense, simple enough and Jayco should have done that.
I have emailed Jayco "customer service" and they refuse to acknowledge the fact that heated air is not directed to the underbelly. They insist that I should take the trailer to the dealer and they can explain how it works.
Insulting if you ask me.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #56
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I have the thermal package in my 38 FDDS. I have 3 heat registers in the floor, 2 in main living area and 1 in the bedroom. It also has a heat vent located in the wall of the bathroom.
Now you've got me curious as to whether or not there are ducts to the underbelly. I'll have to take a look when I open the rig for the season.
Yours should be OK where you have floor registers.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #57

My furnace is under the floor right next to the hot water heater, which is also under the floor. Can only be accessed through the basement storage. It seems to do a pretty good job of heating the tanks, and water lines so far. Was down to 17 yesterday in Georgia and 22 this morning. My water pump pressure regulator on my house well froze up in an enclosed concrete building. Had to thaw it out and then go buy a clip on light to keep it from freezing up. I can't imagine how you folks up north make up. I will continue to live down here in the deep south and only suffer through this occasionally!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #58
Site Team

My rig has a regular heat vent in the storage compartment on the bottom of the duct.

Seems like a few holes would serve the same purpose.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
My rig has a regular heat vent in the storage compartment on the bottom of the duct.

Seems like a few holes would serve the same purpose.
Probably they would. why didn't Jayco put them in when they said they did?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:06 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
I can't imagine how you folks up north make up. I will continue to live down here in the deep south and only suffer through this occasionally!

It’s easy for me in MA. Come October I close it up and am done with it until May 15th! Lol!! We enjoy our 5 month seasonal site on Cape Cod, 5/15-10/15. Then we close again mid October and repeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk