Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #61

Thermal Package!

Let me see if I can Help! First and not only Jayco! I have owned 3 different brands! What happens they have the plastic underbelly, then usually the insulation usually foil type! When the duct work runs through the floor, all the pieces are connected. Their are holes/gaps! In home insulation they use duct tape, metal style not what most are used to seeing, because they do not use this in rv’s you have forced air heating the underbelly! No you do not have duct’s! I hope this helps!
Garyhjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #62

UPDATE..........
If your unit does not have floor vents, then your "thermal package" does not have a heated underbelly. For those of you who constantly defend Jayco on this forum, the 2016 brochures do not have any exclusions regarding the thermal package. I purchased this package expecting a heated underbelly, otherwise I would not have purchased it. After several conversations with "customer service", I finally had the opportunity to speak with the manager. She was helpful and finally admitted the error Jayco made and has offered to rectify this by having the dealer plumb the heat to the underbelly through the floor. Haven't decided what I want to do yet.
Peter Soares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #63

Good info..

This has been good info for me. I had just sent Jayco a question about the Glacier pkg. Seeing how Jayco has not given straight up answers initially is an eye opener for me. Is how they heat the underbelly classified "top secret"? We are looking at the 2018 Whitehawk 25 FK. I'm assuming from this discussion that the Glacier pkg is just increased insulation without the truly heated underbelly. The Thermal pkg is a whole different animal?

Todd
Tebpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #64

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Just run a new flex outlet from the furnace with a damper through the floor.
I drilled a 4" hole and accomplished that (watchout for steel cross members).
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #65

The Thermal Pkg certainly isn't a different animal from what you describe for the Glacier Pkg.

The Thermal Pkg on my 23RB is enclosed, insulated underbelly. Most Thermal Pkg have heated underbelly, however there are a few like my 23RB, 26BH, and I believe 24RBS that do not have heat to the underbelly.

My 23RB simply has a round foil tube/duct that runs from the heater, which is amidship under the sofa, thru the wall to the bedroom, and through the front of the sofa to the kitchen and living area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
This has been good info for me. I had just sent Jayco a question about the Glacier pkg. Seeing how Jayco has not given straight up answers initially is an eye opener for me. Is how they heat the underbelly classified "top secret"? We are looking at the 2018 Whitehawk 25 FK. I'm assuming from this discussion that the Glacier pkg is just increased insulation without the truly heated underbelly. The Thermal pkg is a whole different animal?

Todd

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:22 PM   #66

Email from Jayco

So I just received this answer from Jayco about the Glacierr package.

When you select the Glacier Package option on a White Hawk travel trailer, you get:

· Two layers of R-7 fiberglass insulation in the roof (versus one without the package)
· One layer of R-14 Astrofoil (bubble-wrap) insulation in the main roof (not in the slideout roof)
· One layer of R-7 fiberglass insulation under the holding tanks
· One layer of R-14 Astrofoil in the underbelly (they lay it in the underbelly cavity)
· One layer of R-14 Astrofoil in the floor of the flush-floor slideout rooms
· 2-inch heat ducts from the furnace to each holding tank cavity
· A Glacier Package decal on the exterior sidewall
Tebpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #67

I had the same issue with my 2016 Jay Flight 23MBH; I posted a thread about it 2yrs ago. Jayco ended up reimbursing me to install the duct and while that initially satisfied me to this day I still feel like I got ripped off on the Thermal Package.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #68

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
I had the same issue with my 2016 Jay Flight 23MBH; I posted a thread about it 2yrs ago. Jayco ended up reimbursing me to install the duct and while that initially satisfied me to this day I still feel like I got ripped off on the Thermal Package.
^^^^^This