Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #1

Furnace in 2015 BH

Hi. Need some guidance. My furnace in my 26BH goes on but no heat. The fan continues to run. It has done it many times. The other morning I went out to cool down the fridge and I tried the heat and it went on. Now it doesn't work again. Just the fan. I thought perhaps it was not getting propane and when I turned the fridge on, maybe it bled out the air from the propane line. So, needless to say I am confused and frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy O.
Jimmy O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
Wsw

It really is pain to do deal with. I would do what you did. Make sure you have gas to anything past the furnace and it works. I would go ahead and turn stove burner on low for the test. Take the panel covering the furnace off so you can hear what goes on with it. Not metal furnace cover. The decorative cover which probably has vents on it. Watch the furnace and listen for the click for the igniter and see if you hear it light. If it lights and runs a bit but then flame shuts off and continues with fan it could be a heat switch or regulator. The switch will shut flame off if it gets to hot. That pretty much rules out thermostat and igniter.

If it does not click like it is trying to light, it could be the igniter, regulator, board, or the thermostat. Thermostats usually have a fan on wire and one to ask for heat. You can check wires with a multimeter.

You could also have a blocked exhaust vent. If fan is not blowing with enough air off flame goes. Check for mice nest, although that is my first check. Mice chew wires, make nests, etc. Simple things first.

Not to many parts on them actually. Thermostat, fan, gas regulator, switches, control board, igniter. I have changed pretty much all the parts over time on our tt and coaches. Hardest part is if they put your furnace in a spot you cannot get to. Parts are available online of course for all of them. Amazon probably has them as well.

Nothing about it is to tough. Just a pain to go over everything. Kind of like the water heater. Pretty straightforward. Although water heater has no fan just on off instead of thermostat.

If you are handy with a multimeter. You can just turn gas off and look for current at the different electrical parts to see what is coming on or not.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote