Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2019, 11:47 AM   #1

Furrion Back Up or Observation camera?

My goal is to be able to back the Jayco 24RBS TT into the storage shed and/or camping space without hitting something. From searches here I see there are both Backup and Observation cameras. While it would seem that the Backup camera would be best for my needs some posts recommend the Observation camera. I would have thought that the larger field of vision from the Observation camera would result in the small monitor displaying less detail...and therefore would not be good for my backup purposes. Which camera for backing? Part Number? Where did you buy it? What is a fair price? Thanks
Lafayettemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:56 AM   #2

The Observation camera is better if you want to use it while you are travel down the road, the processor is a little powerful and want keep going out. The back up camera is good if you are only looking to do just that back up. I had both and didn't like the back up one because my tv was 36" long and it kept going in and out so I bought the Observation camera and have been a happy camper.

I got mines off of Amazon but the stealership sale them or go to the company and buy it. This and this part number it's good to look back to see who is coming up behind you. https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-72912...gateway&sr=8-3
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:11 PM   #3

Can you see sufficient detail with the observation camera to back up without problems? While seeing while driving seems to be high on many lists...when backing I want to avoid tree branches, tricycles, light poles, gas pumps and all hidden from sight hazards. Thanks
Lafayettemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:34 AM   #4

Yes sir you can, when I am going down the road I can see who come up on my bumper, the camera itself you can rotate it a little up or down which give you the ability to see far or close almost see your bumper. I wouldn't be without it myself or something like an observation camera. Check it out and see if you can pull up some youtube video and what other camera that's out there, it will be a good mod for sure.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #5

My 2018 26RK is prewired for rage Furrion observation and had the camera already mounted. It has good color and adjustability.
Cardfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote