Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #1

Furrion DV-1220 anyone know about these?

Just purchased 2018 330RSTS and see it has the Furrion DV-1220 entertainment system... Have not picked up the trailer yet...

Anyone have one or any feedback on these?

Thanks!
makingmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #2

I have the TT you have. That Radio/ DVD works great. The TV is very high clarity. It is matched with the furrion TV. My only issue is on receiving radio stations due to the low mounted antenna on the slide out. What I really like is the Bluetooth on this radio I can stream Pandora on the TT speakers. I had a 2011 same TT that I traded and that antenna was mounted on the roof and received a lot more radio stations.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingmagick View Post
Just purchased 2018 330RSTS and see it has the Furrion DV-1220 entertainment system... Have not picked up the trailer yet...

Anyone have one or any feedback on these?

Thanks!
Furrion DV3300 here. My hatred for that thing burns with the fire of a thousand suns. Since we bought our trailer new in July we've had cabinet hinge screws pull out, our furnace thermostat doesn't work, we have a crooked drawer front in the kitchen, we have crooked blinds, maybe one or two other small things. Nothing however is even 1% as irritating as the Furrion. I will replace it in the Spring.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #4

My 2 day old 2018 Eagle 330RSTS has this system, so far not impressed, intermittent hum. I'm thinking it's not grounded or maybe interference from residential fridge inverter. Also, the ceiling speakers sound like crap/vibrate like they been blown.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampersigns.com View Post
My 2 day old 2018 Eagle 330RSTS has this system, so far not impressed, intermittent hum. I'm thinking it's not grounded or maybe interference from residential fridge inverter. Also, the ceiling speakers sound like crap/vibrate like they been blown.
Well sorry your having issues but I have no problems like you are having. If the dealer can't resolve it contact Jayco for help.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:00 AM   #6

If the problem is a Jayco thing - faulty ground, blown speakers, whatever - the dealer should be able to resolve it lickety-split. I despise my Furrion unit - the entire system actually - but it's because I don't like the quality and design. This is our second Furrion however, as the unit that came with our trailer was defective. I called Furrion, Jayco, and my dealer. All were extremely cooperative and I had a new head unit within a week or two of calling. This shouldn't be much of a hassle for you. But, you know, good luck.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #7

Yea, I'm not too happy with the radio in my 175RD. Has anyone tried Jensen radios for their RV?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullin View Post
Yea, I'm not too happy with the radio in my 175RD. Has anyone tried Jensen radios for their RV?
As far as I know Jensen, iRV, and Furrion are the big three and are comparable. I pulled the Furrion and the opening is pretty close to a single DIN car stereo so I'm going to go that route and replace the ceiling speakers with a pair of JL Audios. I'll get a small BluRay player and maybe a sound bar for the TV. Furrion has the DVD and audio CD players packed into one unit which would be great if it could do both effectively, but it can't. The only things I'm having trouble finding are replacements for the outside speakers.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #9

Furrion DV systems are junk. The TV's are ok, but next time I'll provide my own television.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Furrion DV systems are junk. The TV's are ok, but next time I'll provide my own television.
Probably lots of new trailer owners do the same thing I did - get sucked in by the talk about how these TV's are made to take the abuse of being pulled around in a trailer, blah blah blah, when in fact all TV's are manhandled from the time they are manufactured in Asia until the day they land on your stand and don't seem to be any worse off for it. But you're right, the TV is OK. Nothing special, but not overly expensive either and it saves a trip to the Wal Mart. The DVD is what burns my cheeks though. Can't tell the difference between audio CD's and DVD's, can't play BluRay discs in BluRay format - the only thing it CAN do is turn on the TV to HDMI when I put in a disc (any disc - even CD's!). Big-time convenience there, especially since I'm standing in front of it with the remote in my hand. It does save me three button pushes though, so there's that.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
Probably lots of new trailer owners do the same thing I did - get sucked in by the talk about how these TV's are made to take the abuse of being pulled around in a trailer, blah blah blah, when in fact all TV's are manhandled from the time they are manufactured in Asia until the day they land on your stand and don't seem to be any worse off for it. But you're right, the TV is OK. Nothing special, but not overly expensive either and it saves a trip to the Wal Mart. The DVD is what burns my cheeks though. Can't tell the difference between audio CD's and DVD's, can't play BluRay discs in BluRay format - the only thing it CAN do is turn on the TV to HDMI when I put in a disc (any disc - even CD's!). Big-time convenience there, especially since I'm standing in front of it with the remote in my hand. It does save me three button pushes though, so there's that.
My favorite auto feature is the one in which once the trailer is plugged into my truck, the furrion powers up, grabs my phone's Bluetooth signal, and then the audio from any call I get while driving is handled through the trailer 15' behind me. Good stuff.

We use a Sony PS4 for DVD and Blu-ray. Better picture. I know....supposed to be "camping".
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #12

Just curious in our 16 Eagle the TV will not power through the ceiling speakers!We need a sound bar for TV. Is that still an issue in the new campers? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Camper front.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #13

Mine is a '17 and will run through the cieling speakers. Just have to change the sound source on the furrion. I think it's AUX or something. We'll run the PS4 into the TV via HDMI and then the sound from TV to furion by selecting AUX. I just push buttons till it works.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Mine is a '17 and will run through the cieling speakers. Just have to change the sound source on the furrion. I think it's AUX or something. We'll run the PS4 into the TV via HDMI and then the sound from TV to furion by selecting AUX. I just push buttons till it works.

+1
My 2016 also plays through the ceiling speakers. I believe it is the auxiliary setting on the unit.
BTW... I’m on my second Furrion system. First one stopped playing DVD’s altogether. They replaced it. New one worked all last season, but I don’t have a lot of faith in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #15

I have my TV also playing thru the 4 ceiling speakers, doesn't sound bad at all. But in no way compares to my Dolby Atmos 11.1 system at home
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Just curious in our 16 Eagle the TV will not power through the ceiling speakers!We need a sound bar for TV. Is that still an issue in the new campers? Thanks
We added a Yamaha sound bar (from Costco) and it is remarkable how much better it sounds for TV. Was on sale before Christmas. I do stream music to it as well when we are stopped. Otherwise, we use the installed speakers for the radio when driving. But that sound bar was a really nice upgrade, IMO.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #17

Furrion dv-1220

2018 model comes with sound bar above the fireplace..
Old 04-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #18

As I write this I'm sitting in our 6 day old North Point 315RLTS which we love that has the Furrion DV1220 also. The ceiling speakers in our unit are awesome. Was able to connect to the Bluetooth setting with my Ipad and the sound is very clear and really good. I've tried everything possible to have the audio from the Furrion TV go through the DV1220 and play through the Zone 1 speakers. I suspect Jayco did not wire the TV properly to accomplish that............any thoughts?
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #19

I belive the input is auxiliary 2..you have to turn the volume on the stereo up a lot..
Old 04-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #20

I have a model 1200. Here are some of my observatins.

Postitives:
1. My 1st Furion DV1200 would not play any DVD. Having bought trailer from Campers World I decided to contact Furion instead of driving 40+ miles just to verify the DVD was inop, So I called Furion and they sent me a new unit. Their Customer Service was excellent!

1. Radio has preprogrammed NWS radio stations. Nice touch

2. Reasonably good sound quality

3. Excellent quality video from both TV and DVD.

4. Can make hands free calling from this unit.

Now the negatives:

1.Unit tends to power on by itself when changing from shore power to battery or reverse.

2.Its bluetooth constantly takes over my phone conversations if I'm anywhere in range of the device which is a real problem with issue No.1.

3. TV takes forever to auto search channels. My trailer has a TV signal boost and the TV will not find any stations if connected to cable until I turn it off. If using just the antenna, the booster needs to be on. Although not Furions fault, the boost has on/off black button on a black wall plate inside of a cabinet making it impossible to see until a CW employee point it out to me.

4. Upon power up, ALL speaker are become active, Roof mounted as well as outside. I've played the stereo for hours only to go outside and notice the are "on". Power up protocol says to check and turn off outside speakers upon power up.

5. It wont play some DVD's.

My final synopsis: Im thinking of replacing the unit.
Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote